Can only some of room guests be on dining plan?

Minniemoo15

DIS Veteran
My DH, Dd3 and myself are going to WDW in March and on the dining plan. My SIL has decided to come too and stay with us.

She flies in late the first night and is taking one day to go to Harry Potter World, so it might not make $$ sense for her to get the dining plan.

Is it possible for her opt out if she is on our reservation ? TIA

Unfortunately not. Everyone is required to be on the same dining plan. The only way around this would be for your SIL to have her own room/reservation.

Nope. Every guest on the same reservation has to have the same dining plan. The DDP is all or nothing.

If you're on a package with tickets, she also has to have the same tickets the rest of you have.

All of the dining plan credits are pooled to the room so they can be used by anyone in the room or the additional credits can be used for a 2 credit experience.

I believe you can add your SIL at time of checkin without the requirement that she be on the same package. At least I was able to do that with DD several years ago. DBr & I were on a free dining package. DD joined us for a few days and I added her to our room when I checked in, no DDP and no ticket ( she had an AP) just added to our room.

Biggest issue with adding her at check-in is that she is flying...I can't tell whether or not she wants to use Magical Express though. She wont' be able to use it if her name is not on the reservation.

Is she arriving prior to OP checking in? As long as she is on the ressie by the time she gets to the DME desk, she will be able to take DME to the resort. They will pull up the reservation at the DME counter, see that she has a valid reservation and let her board a bus. There have been many discussions on the Transportation Board about whether you must have a DME reservation prior to arrival at MCO and it appears it is possible to walk up with a valid resort reservation and get on a bus.

if you put her on you can use her credits for additional meals, thinking extra character something or signature dining. Could work either way :)

Thank you all for your info.

Looks like we might all forego the dining plan - the Canadian ticket discount is very appealing and cannot be combined with a package.

I'll wait to see what package deals come out but if not we will do a room only and pay for our dining out of pocket.

Thank you all for your info.

Looks like we might all forego the dining plan - the Canadian ticket discount is very appealing and cannot be combined with a package.

I'll wait to see what package deals come out but if not we will do a room only and pay for our dining out of pocket.

You can get a ticketless package with the dining plan, just not free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter