• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can one spouse check in for both?

Land-and-Sea

Mouseketeer
Since I'm a two-cruise veteran I should know this but....can one spouse check in for both spouses? I'm wondering because It'd save us some time if my wife can start heading through security and check in while I park the car.

I'm sure this is a FAQ but my searches turned up fruitless. Thanks and oh....

ONLY 1.5 days!!!!! Woooohoo! :rotfl2:

she can check in but you still need to go to the counter to get your KTTW card - they won't give it to her.

Also, you need to have your cruise docs with you to enter the terminal, so she cannot turn in your signed docs on your behalf.

You will have to be present at check in because they ask to see everyone over the age of 18 their picture ID....At least that was the case with us in early April

We cruised February of this year. My hubby got in the boarding line, and I got in the check-in line. I showed his birth certificate and credit card, and they gave me his KTTW card. It was very simple.

Denise

I was wondering the same thing. We leave May 8 and I would like to check in my family and let my Mom get in the boarding line and send my dh to check in the kids to the clubs. If I remember correctly from my last Disney cruise, I had everyone with me but they really didn't ask them anything. It was my charge card on the payment authorization - so I don't see why they wouldn't give me all the KTTW cards and we already have all of our forms completed and signed. The only thing is would they want to check the picture ID's with the person standing there? Does anybody know??

My wife checked all of us in while I was returning the rental car. When I came back to the terminal, I had to show my photo-id to get into the terminal area. Then I went through security & up the escalators. Met up with my wife & we went back to the CM who she used to check-in. Showed the CM my photo-id & was handed my KTTW card. A fellow-diser did something similar, but the CM who checked her in gave her everyones KTTW cards.

This is a great question! Thanks for the replies.

So, if my husband goes to return the rental car does he need his cruise documents with him to return? Or can I take that and check us all in and when he returns to the terminal can he just show his Driver's License/Passport?

Awesome question...That will make it easier with 2 girls running around.Now 1 of us can sorta check out the resort..

Hi! We just got back from the April 9th Western... We had a rental car so I dropped off luggage, DH and the kids. He had my birth certificate and docs, I had my driver's license. He checked us in and got the KTTW cards for all of us. I had to show my driver's license (not docs or birth certificate) at security to get into the terminal building. They have a master list that they check to see if you are on the outgoing cruise. He was waiting in line to board the ship by the time I got back from Avis. This was much easier than all of us going to Avis and transfering luggage from the rental to the shuttle. Hope this helps.

debster said:
This is a great question! Thanks for the replies.

So, if my husband goes to return the rental car does he need his cruise documents with him to return? Or can I take that and check us all in and when he returns to the terminal can he just show his Driver's License/Passport?

All that is needed is a photo-id...

DrCavin said:
My wife checked all of us in while I was returning the rental car. When I came back to the terminal, I had to show my photo-id to get into the terminal area. Then I went through security & up the escalators. Met up with my wife & we went back to the CM who she used to check-in. Showed the CM my photo-id & was handed my KTTW card. A fellow-diser did something similar, but the CM who checked her in gave her everyones KTTW cards.

This is exactly what we have done on all 4 of our cruises.

I did all the check in while dh took the kids to see Goofy. wasnt a problem at all. He didnt want to stand in the long, long line to board so after I checked us in and got our cards I went over and registered the kids in the cafe while they had a snack at the counter. By the time I was done with that- we were able to walk ride on to the ship! the whole process took a hour. :flower:

We have done this several times. DH returns the rental car while I check all of us in. They prepare of the KTTW cards and hold DH's at the counter. When he gets back he shows the CM who helped me his ID and they give him his card. Very easy.

I always thought that you can check in your spouse, but the spouse will have to go to the counter to pick up the KTTW card. It sounds like some cruisers got the KTTW card for their spouse or did I read it wrong?

What is the policy?

You did not read it wrong... I think it is just which CM checks you in I guess. Either way it really was very easy to just go back to the CM who did the check-in & get yout KTTW card. I didn't wait in the line to get registered, I just walked up and stood close by until they were done with their current guest.

NYGiantsRule! said:
We have done this several times. DH returns the rental car while I check all of us in. They prepare of the KTTW cards and hold DH's at the counter. When he gets back he shows the CM who helped me his ID and they give him his card. Very easy.

Did he have to wait in a line? long line? (1st timers)

Melanie
4/1/06 Magic
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo princess: princess: princess: princess:

It will be interesting to see if this will also be the case for the West Coast cruises! We'll be looking for reports from those of you going in May!

Thanks!

UMTerp

They gave my husband my KTTW card. I just joined him in the "waiting to board the ship" line. He showed them my birth certificate, so maybe this is sufficient to get the KTTW card, since you always have to show photo id and KTTW to get back on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter