• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can offsite guests reuse old Magic Bands

hmmerr02

Mouseketeer
I have friends going for one day to MK. Can they connect their tickets to my old magic bands instead of purchasing them? I am sure the answer is no, but I hate to see so many of these go to waste :):confused3

I do'nt know, but WHY would they want to do this anyway? They don't need MBs to take advantage of FP+, they can just use their tickets to enter. Since they aren't staying onsite (assumption based on them possibly needing someone else's MBs instead of getting their own) they won't be able to charge to them. There's just no point.

Assuming you're going back in the future, just put them away in your travel drawer (if you have one...we keep Disney stuff, passports, etc etc in a big drawer) and pull them out for the next trip.

I have friends going for one day to MK. Can they connect their tickets to my old magic bands instead of purchasing them? I am sure the answer is no, but I hate to see so many of these go to waste :):confused3
The MBs are attached to your names, under your MDE account. The tickets would also have to be attached to the names corresponding to those MBs, instead of your friends' names, and it would also need to be done within your MDE account. Unless you granted your friend access to your MDE, they would not be able to make FP+ changes during their visit without the added headache of visiting a kiosk to do it.

Is it possible to do? Probably, with the limitations mentioned above. But really, why would they want to? Like the PP pointed out, there really isn't much of an advantage to using them other than to be able to wear your admission media on your wrist and unlocking some sort of dragon in a virtual game (sorry, I'm just not into those games so I don't know the name of the dragon or the game).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter