Can My Daughter parasail with a sore shoulder?

thatmom

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We have booked my daughter and grandson to parasail on Castway Cay. She has a bad shoulder and someone mentioned she won't beable to parasail because of it. They think that you do a lot of work besides holding on while your in the air. Has anyone done this? She really wants to do this with her son, but not at the risk of making her injury worse. So can someone tell us who has done this before?
thanks,thatmom

I definitely would not. Sometimes those landings can be REALLY hard.

Anne

I did not use my arms for anymore than the security of holding on. As a matter of fact I took pictures from way up there!!! It was an absolutely amazing experience. You actually sit in the harness... which holds your weight. You do very little with your arms... however you do have to be able to hold on while in the boat to move back and forth to the seat. The boat is moving and the waves make it a little bumpy!

I hope she is able to enjoy!!! I know we sure did!!!

Thanks, Thats just what I wanted to hear. I was hoping you would be kinda sitting in something.
thanks again,
thatmom

I don't see why she couldn't parasail - you don't use your arms or shoulder for anything. It's not like water skiing - they'll strap you into a harnes, which is attached to the sail. The harness is in effect a seat - you just sit there.

I think it depends on HOW bad it is. I went parrisaling 2 years ago and i LOVED it! It dosen't take much arm power. It is alot like being on a feriswhele. It really is a amazing experince and I'm shure the will enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter