can kids wear arm floaties at Blizard Beach?

tracisup

Traci
some of the public pools here where we live do now allow them. Do any of you know if they are allowed?

Also what about Typhoon Lagoon?

TIA!!

I am pretty sure that the water parks have life jackets that you can use for free. MUCH safer that the arm floats. If you want something of your own, look into the puddle jumpers. It has the arm floats but goes around the waist and is even coast guard approved. I am not sure if the arm floats would be allowed or not but I would not want my child out of my arms reach with them on.

I dont know about the floaties but like the PP I prefer life jackets. At our local water park they have the ones with a crotch strap so they cannot slip out of them.

I'd like to know this as well. We swim often and my 2 year old swims much better w/ the arm floats.

To PP, I don't necessarily agree that life vests are safer. We have a pool and I've used many different floats and even though life vests are supposed to keep kids on their backs I have seen the life vests flip my boys onto their fronts and they have had a hard time flipping over. Luckily we were always right there to help, but I wouldn't count on life vests being safer.

Arm floaties nearly CAUSED my son to drown within arm's length of me (I had turned my back), so I'm really glad the OP's pool doesn't allow them. If their arms go up above their heads while they are playing, they cannot get them down, and it forces the head to go under the water. And I had JUST learned about that concept HERE, but ignored it. :headache: Thank goodness my brother was in the pool with us, and thank goodness I saw his face change as he was looking behind me.

A swim vest that flips a child over sounds like either a bad vest OR one that doesn't fit properly.

Once we popped DS's floaties (the moment we could all get out of the pool and do anything) and bought him a swim vest (that he wore properly with the crotch strap etc) his swimming improved vastly, since he could actually move his arms.

I've heard great things about the Puddle Jumpers life jackets. A friend has them for her 2 girls (4 and 6) and the girls were able to paddle around with them, jumped off a diving board, and were very confident in the water with them.

Arm Floaties are dangerous as Hades. There is a reason they are banned. They are drowning hazards. Life jackets are safer. If you like floaties, try the puddle jumpers.

Does anyone know the answer to my original question?

Are arm floaties allowed in BB or TL?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter