check the following:

aluminum foil?
Lysol?
Charcoal?

and carry on:

frozen hot dogs?
frozen buns?

Thanks!

Yes, although I'd leave the charcoal with the lighter fluid already added at home. And I don't know that I'd take an aerosol can of Lysol in my checked luggage, either.

But with the new luggage restrictions I think it would be a whole lot easier to use a service like gardengrocer.com or wegoshop.com. Although, we're from Michigan, so I know what you mean about the hot dogs. ;)

Yes, although I'd leave the charcoal with the lighter fluid already added at home. And I don't know that I'd take an aerosol can of Lysol in my checked luggage, either.

But with the new luggage restrictions I think it would be a whole lot easier to use a service like gardengrocer.com or wegoshop.com. Although, we're from Michigan, so I know what you mean about the hot dogs. ;)

Thanks!

We are flying SW so we will have plenty of luggage space, but I am "practicing" just in case we are limited in the future.

I'd take the Lysol in checked baggage. I check hair spray quite often.

Buns and hot dogs OK as long as they're not packed in ice or gel-based freezer packs.

Actually, many airlines do not allow household aerosol products in checked luggage; only personal care items. Check your airline's rules, but in general aerosol hairspray is OK, but Lysol is not. Foil should be fine, but I don't know what it looks like on x-ray and it could be something that increases the chances of getting your bag opened. Charcoal? Probably not a specific rule on that, but I wouldn't do it for a variety of reasons--weight being a significant factor.

didn't know that about the aerosol. Must be due to the chemicals involved. OP - maybe you should try Lysol wipes.

didn't know that about the aerosol. Must be due to the chemicals involved. OP - maybe you should try Lysol wipes.

I assume they'd prefer not to have any aerosols, but have made an exception for personal care items in limited quantity. And I was wrong about it being the airlines who have the rule about aerosols; the TSA is the one who has that rule in place. See link below.

TSA Prohibited Items

Thanks!

We are flying SW so we will have plenty of luggage space, but I am "practicing" just in case we are limited in the future.

Call SW and ask. Still, seems a shopping delivery service is a better idea than ever so slowly thawing weiners in my carry-ons and such, not to mention charcoal.

Do your BARBQ at home......geeeez

Charcoal? Hot dog buns? :confused3
Geez not flaming you, but is it any wonder most of the airlines are charging a fee now for more than one bag? Southwest will not be far behind.
Just buy that stuff in Florida rather than burn up jet fuel to have it hauled down there.

Bless your heart! There aren't any microwaves at the Ft. Wilderness campsites, so the grill is our only cooking option.

Are you carrying tents with you too on the plane??? Not knocking your choice but boy it seems like a lot of stuff to carry on a plane..

That seems like a lot of effort just to grill hot dogs, especially since you can buy a hot dog at every park! Why not make a grocery stop and pick up some steaks or ribs.....now that would make grilling worth it :thumbsup2

If the charcoal is already soaked in lighter fluid that may be banned too.

Bless your heart! There aren't any microwaves at the Ft. Wilderness campsites, so the grill is our only cooking option.
AHHH the Campground!! I still think I would order in my stuff via a shopping service, rather than hauling and thawing it in my luggage. (including the charcoal) Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter