• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I use Tables in Wonderland in these situations?

Baloo76

DISboards lurker
I am thinking of getting an AP for my upcoming trip, and one of the reasons is the get the TiW card. However I am wondering if there will be issues using it in the following situations.

There will be 8 adults, 2 kids and 3 "babies" (2yr, 18mos 6mos). I believe the TiW card covers up to 10 people at your table.

1. Brunch at Chef Mickey's - since the 3 babies are 'free', I assume there will be no issues using the card for the other 10 people.

2. Breakfast at CRT - we were only able to get 3 smaller ADRs (at the same time) and are going to try/hope to get us all seated together. If we can sit together, I'm assuming we can still all be on the same bill and use the TiW card? What if we get separated? Do you think it's possible to be put on the same bill and still use the card if our tables are separated?

3. Dinner at Kona Cafe - the 2yr old and 18mos old will likely order kids meals, which puts us at 12 paying customers. How would TiW work in this case? Would they not let us use it at all? Or would they apply the discount to 10 of the meals?

Thanks for your help!

In the first situation at Chef Mickey's you should be okay using TIW.

For the second situation, if you are split up, then no, you would not be able to use it for everyone. The TIW holder must be the one paying the bill and their meal must be included on the check

For the 3rd, I'm not so sure, however, even if they won't discount all 12 meals, the children's meals should be low enough that if you paid for them at regular price it won't be too bad.

I think in instance number 2 you can use it. We are a family of 7 and when we vacation with my parents or brother and his family we are often at separate tables because of the size of the party. As long as it's one bill and the TIW card holder is paying for it, it shouldn't matter where you are seated.

We have been in 2nd and 3rd situation. In the 2nd situation, if you explain why you are seated separate, but that you want to be all on one bill, they will accommodate. When we checked in we advised that we were actually all together, but there was no availability all together. They put us a 2 tables next to eacho other and one bill.

In the 3rd, they will let you use it for 10 and just state that you want to pay full price for the kids meals and would like the discount to apply to the 10 adults.

Not sure when you are going, but there are blackout dates for CM & CRT.

*Beginning August 1st 2014, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey’s, ‘Ohana (Dinner Only), Cinderella’s Royal Table, LeChefs de France, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, and Le Cellier Steakhouse will be subject to the additional blockout weeks of: March 8-April 4, 2015; May 31-June 20, 2015; November 22-28, 2015 and December 20-26, 2015.

Blockout dates for Tables in Wonderland are Mother’s Day, Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Tables in Wonderland is valid for one year from date of purchase.

http://tablesinwonderland.com/

We'll be there the first week in dec this year and next year in october, so we're good. Thanks!

as for the third situation, you can choose which meals to leave off the TIW check - so choose the kids meals.

If you are in the second situation you will be able to use it unless you are placed at different locations in the restaurant and have different servers. When you check in, ask to be placed near each other. CRT you should have paid for already and you'd be getting the discounted portion refunded. So be sure you let them know that your 3 parties are all together.

CRT is paid in advance...so you don't get a bill at the end of the meal. I recall having to show my TIW to get the 20% discount REFUNDED to my card....maybe just bring along your credit card statement that shows YOU, the TIW cardholder, paid for all three reservations, therefore you should be getting the discount refunded for all three reservations?

Another thought for the 3rd one where you have to pay separate for the kids meals, ask if you can use your AP discount for those. Some restaurants offer a 10% AP discount, you can't combine it another one but since they will be on a separate check maybe it will work.

I know that there are official "rules" for tiw...but have seen a lot of flexibility over the years...

Maybe the manager won't override the system and allow me to use it for 67 at breakfast (2004)...but if you are legitimately a larger than 10 party ive never had an issue.

Wouldn't worry too much about it.

With CRT we just had to tell them we were TIW and they looked at the card and issued the refund. No need to bring the credit card bill or anything special.

With CRT we just had to tell them we were TIW and they looked at the card and issued the refund. No need to bring the credit card bill or anything special.

OP said that they had to make 3 separate ADRs for their large party, and although will ask to sit together, realizes that their group may be at 3 different tables, perhaps not even near each other. That is why the suggestion to bring the credit card bill to show that OP, owner of the TIW, paid for all 3 ADRs. The TIW owner has to be present to use the card so being able to prove that OP paid for all 3 ADRs may go a long way towards getting the refund for those not sitting at OPs table.

But, you are correct, under normal circumstances you only have to show you TIW....but these aren't normal circumstances.

And actually I just realized I only paid for one ADR for CRT. My wife and MiL paid for the others when they booked them. So I'm probably out of luck unless I can somehow "fix" the charges so they are all on my CC which sounds overly complicated.

What time is your CRT breakfast? I would want to sit together-- that is a huge savings. The 16 of us I got reimbursed for the 10 adults. which in turned paid for the TIW card/. Tell the hostess you are together and like to wait for a table to eat together.
Now if you are pre rope drop and wanting to get out before 9-- with that many people sitting at one table your meal will take longer

Another thought for the 3rd one where you have to pay separate for the kids meals, ask if you can use your AP discount for those. Some restaurants offer a 10% AP discount, you can't combine it another one but since they will be on a separate check maybe it will work.
no AP discount at Kona

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter