Can I use my switch card?

tallym

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if I can use my Switch card whilst in Florida.
And Can I use it to make my booking with Disney, as I want to book direct with them over the phone.

Also same applies to making ADRs, I know that a deposit is required for some things like cinys royal table and wishes cruise can my switch be used?? :earsboy:

I don't actually have a credit card but if i had to I would get one but Iam hoping my switch will be fine as I want to book soon.

You cant actualy use your "switch" card, but your card might possibly also be a Cirrus or Maestro card. Have alook to see if you can see those written on your card somewhere, and if you can, its likely to able to be used, you just tell them youd like to pay by maestro or whatever.

I asked the same question a few months ago and was told they only take Visa or Master cards.

I have a switch card - I do not think you can use it generally (although I must admit I have never tried) - the ATM cash machines definitely take it though (cirrus & maestro) and have used that on a few occassions.

Just check with your bank to see what they'll charge you for overseas use - especially if you're planning on getting cash from an ATM.

Might be worth getting a nationwide cc as they don't charge comission - you can always pay it straight off when you get home - I assume you have the money available as you want to switch it :0)

We used to have Switch cards with the Halifax which we could only use in cash point machines but they changed them to Visa Debit cards which could be used in stores :cloud9: .
Halifax do have a £1.50 charge per transaction though and I'm not certain whether they charge a percentage :flower:

Looking at the Maestro webiste, they state there are some 1.4million outlets across North America which accept the card - sounds a large number, but not for the whole of America.

We've never been able to use our switch card in shops, but there are a lot of Cirrus/Maestro partner ATM's.

Generally speaking Visa/Mastercard are the way to go. If you do not want to have a credit card, then a Visa debit card would be the way forward (just make sure it is not a Visa Electron as these are not the same things and again are not acepted in as many places as Visa/Mastercard)

Matt

All the ATMs will all take either Cirrus or Visa. There are ATMs all over the place including at all the parks.

Best buy is the Nationwide Flexaccount which is a Visa Debit card - just move money into your account before you go and use it as a switch card. As with the Nationwide Credit card there are no rate charges for using it abroad so you get a fab exchange rate (unlike all the Maestro cards) and pretty much uniquely there is also no charge for withdrawing cash (unlike the Nationwide Credit card).

We got both Nationwide cards purely for using abroad - you only need to leave £1 in the Flexaccount between holidays.

i have a barclays debit card and have never been charged for using it abroad to buy thngs in shops or restaurants. There is a charge on it to withdraw cash though. They have an agreement with a certain bank there though (not sure which, Bank of america of something) where you can with draw cash for free.

Again though i have not seen many places at all that accept switch cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter