Can I use an aisle runner on the beach?

mermaidbride1108

Disney Fairy Tale Bride 8.31.09
What do you think guys - Can I use an aisle runner on the beach? I love the look in pictures. My Bridesmaids, Mom, & I are all wearing dressy flips flops so no heels...

What's your opinions?

I think that would be fine, but you just have to find a way to secure it in place I would imagine... Instead of lining the edges with flower petals, why not with (pretty) rocks and shells? These should be heavy enough to hold it in place. :)

Edit: Just found an example on Google. Not on sand, but similar:

wedding-ceremony-decor-ideas-photo-by-curtis-smith-photography.jpg

I think that looks nice! :)

I think you need to lay a similar cloth on some sand and see how it goes. I don't recall how deep or "squishy" the sand is there, but if it is fairly significant, the runner will get squished into the places where you step and jerked all out of place. Maybe you can build a plywood runner to go under it? Or maybe even a thick cardboard would work. You'll have to experiment!

My concern would be pushing your heels through the cloth. :confused3
I'd look into what Heidi mentioned and see if you could put something underneath it...I do like the rock idea too....very cool :thumbsup2

Disregard my heels in the cloth...but what is your MIL going to wear?

Thanks for the advice & opinions, MIL isn't attending the wedding, long drama story:sad2:

I'm thinking of asking my WP for final word if I can.

Reason why if my ceremony gets transferred to the WP inside, then I LOVE how the aisle runners look in there...

What if you used rose petals rather than a traditional runner? If you use a good amount of them you would get the same effect, it would be safe on the beach, and would transfer to the WP if you get moved.

My sister was married on the beach in Jamaica and used an aisle runner. The runner was beautiful and stayed in place (I think they anchored it) for the bridal party to walk down. Since your party is not wearing heals you don't need to worry about the holes (we poked holes due to heals).

HMGolden - I was using the rose petals, but they pirced me at $400!!! :scared1: So I cut it to $100 in petals, but I like the look of the aisle runners and I especially want a runner if it gets moved inside the WP.

Chipscinderelly - thatnks for the info! That's good news, do you happen to know what kind of material it was? Thanks!

Chipscinderelly - thatnks for the info! That's good news, do you happen to know what kind of material it was? Thanks!

I'm positive it was paper due to the fact my heels poked holes in it ;) which is why I went down the side of it after I realized that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter