Can I use 4 child TS at once with one child at a 2 TS

petunia

DIS Veteran
So, this is my question, we will only have 1 actual child (according to Disney) on the plan, but my dd (10) wants to order some meals from the childs menu at TS places. Can we pay out of pocket at Narcooses for both kids (3 and10), and then use 1 credit for each of them other nights at 1 credit places, so basically, can I use some child credits for my dd who will be 10, sort of split the child credits between the two of them until they're gone, and then pay oop for the reamaining meals. Will they let me pay with 2 child credits for 2 child meals if our card only has 1 child on it...thanks

No, you can't. If your key card says you have only one child on your reservation, you will be allowed to order only one child meal per transaction.

You can use your 10 year old's adult credits to order off the child menu, or you can pay OOP for her child's menu meal and use the adult credits elsewhere, but you won't be able to use 4 child credits if you have only one child on your reservation.

You can pay OOP for any meal you like, child or adult.

We paid for my nephew at Narcoosee's because all he wanted was pasta, $6. We used one of those credits for the $12 breakfast buffet at Chef Mickey's, a much better deal. Paying OOP made sense for us because we overbooked our TS credits by 1 meal. We then paid OOP for the adults at Chef Mickey's, because we had used that "2nd" TS credit at Narcoosee's earlier in the week.

You can pay OOP for the 10yo at Narcoosee's if she wants just a child meal there. Then you'll have Adult TS credits to use somewhere else on the trip or make Narcoossee's only feel like a 1TS meal (your 2TS credits were used to feed you both).

Ok , I see, so I can pay oop for her, then use the adults credits elsewhere as I wish, but can't use more than 1 child credit per meal, as we only have 1 "child", got it, thanks. I would have to use her adult credits at all buffet and family style meals for her, correct?

I am curious, we are on the deluxe plan. when we go to Jiko with our 2 and 5 yr old, 5 yr old is on the plan, can my husband and I use, our TS (2 each) credits, and pay cash for my boys? Then keep the child (2TS) credits for other meals CS or TS?

I am curious, we are on the deluxe plan. when we go to Jiko with our 2 and 5 yr old, 5 yr old is on the plan, can my husband and I use, our TS (2 each) credits, and pay cash for my boys? Then keep the child (2TS) credits for other meals CS or TS?

Yes, you can. Just remember that those saved credits are supposed to be used for child meals.

If there not on the plan then they cant use any credits

2 year olds don't get dining credits but anyone can share with them.

You could pay OOP for the 5 year old at TS but you could not then use his credits for adult meals. Child credits can only be used for meals off the children's menu. You could use them for a 2 TS for him later on.

Children 10 or over pay the adult price, or adult credits, at all buffets and all you can eat family style or fixed menu restaurants, so yes you should use an adult credit for them then - no advantage in paying OOP for their buffets.

I have read that children who were considered adults per the DDP, were allowed to order from the children's menu with those credits. They were brought a "bigger size" version of the kid's meal since it was being "paid" for with an adult credit.

Good luck!

Sorry to ask another question but how come some restaurants (well Maya grill is the one I saw) says for kids 9 and under for the kids menu, are some restaurants different with their policies?

All the menus will say the Childrens' Menu items are for children ages 3-9.

In actual practice, most Disney restaurants will let anyone order from that menu.

Last time we used the dining plan the credits were just TS, CS & snacks. For those who've gotten back recently, has it changed? So, my receipt will show Adult TS & Child TS, etc? I just wanted to make sure before I start my planning ADRs. TIA

Last we went the CS and snacks were pooled together, but the TS were separated into adult and child, so at the bottom of the bill it would say something like 10 adult credits remaining and 5 child...something to that effect anyways.

If I were on the Deluxe plan, you'd really have to pry cash out of my hand to pay OOP for anything (I don't drink alcohol). So for the family thinking of paying OOP for a meal, even a child meal I'd really think long and hard about that. I have not read a report of anyone on the Deluxe plan that said they didn't have enough food and had to supplement with OOP purchases.

3 meal credits per night
2 snacks per night, per person (adult and kids are the same)
Refillable mugs to use at the resort

If I were on the Deluxe plan, you'd really have to pry cash out of my hand to pay OOP for anything (I don't drink alcohol). So for the family thinking of paying OOP for a meal, even a child meal I'd really think long and hard about that. I have not read a report of anyone on the Deluxe plan that said they didn't have enough food and had to supplement with OOP purchases.

3 meal credits per night
2 snacks per night, per person (adult and kids are the same)
Refillable mugs to use at the resort

I could see it if they did more than one 2TS meals or if they are getting in early on day one and leaving late on the last day (adding a day of meals more than what is included in the plan. Not saying we would do it, just saying it's easily possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter