Can I upgrade my dining plan after final payment?

Kristmay

Mouseketeer
I'm anticipating getting some disney gift cards for christmas, but my final payment on my January trip is due in less than a week. I currently have the QS dining plan, but would like to upgrade using my gift cards to the TS dining plan. Can I do this after final payment?

I don't believe that should be a problem--you just need to make sure any dining plan changes are done before you arrive (I believe 72 hours in advance?). You may have to pay a change fee, but perhaps not since your change will make your package price increase instead of decrease.

Do you have ADR's for your TS choices? Depending on when you're going in January, some of the best spots may have already been taken due to free dining. You can always make your reservations before upgrading your dining plan.

I've been told Disney's official policy is 72 hours before arrival. But in August, I was able to upgrade my dad's package from the regular DDP to the DXDDP the day before he arrived--less than 24 hours. I'm sure we just got lucky and got a good CM, but it can be done. You should have no trouble upgrading several weeks from arrival even though it is after final payment is due.

But SimplyGoofy has a point--do you already have ADR's? I would check to make sure you can get the ADR's you want before upgrading from the QSDDP. It's easy to upgrade to a more expensive package, but hard to downgrade.

You can always upgrade - Disney NEVER turns down your money and they don't charge you a fee for spending more money with them.

9 days before we arrived and was able to upgrade from the basic to deluxe dining with no penalty. They were very happy to help.

9 days before we arrived and was able to upgrade from the basic to deluxe dining with no penalty. They were very happy to help.

They were very happy to get more of your money. :)

Disney is never going to charge you a penalty fee for spending more money with them by upgrading a package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter