Can I take my lanyard with Disney pins in my carry-on?

Or do I have to check the pins? TIA! :goodvibes

Personally, it is the only way I will take them. I have heard stories of pins mysteriously disappearing out of checked luggage... :rolleyes1
They are an investment and there is a decent market for reselling them so personally, I wouldn't want to make my collection vulernable to theft.
BTW, I've never had a problem taking my as carry on and I have a pretty substanial collection but I take them in a rolling carryon sized suitcase.
Good Luck and Happy Pin Trading!!! :goodvibes

Personally, it is the only way I will take them. I have heard stories of pins mysteriously disappearing out of checked luggage... :rolleyes1
They are an investment and there is a decent market for reselling them so personally, I wouldn't want to make my collection vulernable to theft.
BTW, I've never had a problem taking my as carry on and I have a pretty substanial collection but I take them in a rolling carryon sized suitcase.
Good Luck and Happy Pin Trading!!! :goodvibes

I didn't know you could! I just assumed it would be a hassle. I will bring them in the carry-on from now on. I usually just bury them deep in the luggage and make them hard to spot easily.
I've had things 'missining' from my luggage from MCO so I never liked putting them in there. Now I won't!:)

Thanks for asking the question, OP! We were given lanyards with pins as gifts. We want to to surprise the kids with them when we arrive.

Would you recommend taking your pin bag out and putting it in the bin with your shoes & wallet? Or just leaving it in your backpack or carry on?

Would you recommend taking your pin bag out and putting it in the bin with your shoes & wallet? Or just leaving it in your backpack or carry on?

I have never done so, and have never gotten questions.

Now, a pack of batteries nearly caused an agent conniptions; same with my NON-ipod MP3 player, but not the lanyards with pins on them.

I don't - I find the less I complicate things the better! I do pack them in a ziplock bag of their own in case they do show up in a strange way on the xray. This way if they need to go through my carry on the TSA agent can just pull the pins out without going through everything. Not necessary - just what I do :)

I don't - I find the less I complicate things the better! I do pack them in a ziplock bag of their own in case they do show up in a strange way on the xray. This way if they need to go through my carry on the TSA agent can just pull the pins out without going through everything. Not necessary - just what I do :)

Me too! I actually got that tip here, so maybe it came from you!

Put your pins in a ziplock bag. TSA can pull them out if they want to look at them, and you don't have to worry about losing them if a back falls off.

I have always check my pins because I was terrified that they would be considered "dangerous" be confiscated!
I am so paranoid!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I have always check my pins because I was terrified that they would be considered "dangerous" be confiscated!
I am so paranoid!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Much more likely that they are "confiscated" in your checked bags - I never pack anything of value (cash value or sentimental value) in my checked bags.

We always put them in our carry on. My kids will pin trade first thing at the Disney Store at MCO and its the final thing they do on the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter