Can I still book a cabin for someone while onboard??

golfermike35

Vacation Fans
We will be cruising in April and want to book a cabin for some friends of ours while we are onboard. We already have a cruise booked for next May 24th, 2014 but want to pay the deposit for another family because they want to travel with us and it would be nice to get the 10% discount.

Can we do this??

Mike

No. Only adults traveling can book. And they must be the primary on the reservation...

So last year while we were onboard we booked another cruise for us in 2014 and also made a reservation for my parents a well - they were not onboard.

So has DCL changed the policy on doing this?

M

So last year while we were onboard we booked another cruise for us in 2014 and also made a reservation for my parents a well - they were not onboard.

So has DCL changed the policy on doing this?

There are some ways around this, but tricky. You book two staterooms and technically one of the adults traveling at the time would be listed on each res. so if at the last minute you can't go, they would not be ale to go by themselves.

Also, ou would be responsible for the full payment.

Also, if your parents were listed on the second stateroom, they might have a regular res and to be getting thr 10 pct discount not OBC.

My cousin and his family booked my first cruise (we sailed in Aug 2012 and he booked while on the ship in Feb 2012), I got the discount and I wasn't on the ship... don't know how that work

No. Only adults traveling can book. And they must be the primary on the reservation...
This is absolutely not the case.

Here are the current rules:
Per household traveling (i.e. each address that is registered) may book up to two cabins for a single cruise date and receive full onboard booking benefits (i.e. the discount and onboard credit). If you book additional dates or more than two cabins on that first date, you may book them but the will not be eligible for the discount, only the obc.

So if I am understanding this correctly, you are booked on a cruise in 2014. You want to book additional cabins for that same cruise. You may book up to two additional cabins for that cruise date, regardless of who is traveling, and receive full benefits. You would have to make the deposit payment while on board.

There are some ways around this, but tricky. You book two staterooms and technically one of the adults traveling at the time would be listed on each res. so if at the last minute you can't go, they would not be ale to go by themselves.

Also, ou would be responsible for the full payment.

Also, if your parents were listed on the second stateroom, they might have a regular res and to be getting thr 10 pct discount not OBC.

I don't understand how you think the person making the reservation would be responsible for making the full payment. Once the reservation is made, DCL will accept payment from the passengers who are booked or even another third party. DCL in no way requires that the person who made the reservation be involved in the contract between the adults on the reservation and DCL.

You can book up to 2 staterooms on the SAME sailing and both will get the onboard booking perks. You can put those staterooms in any name you want, from what I understand. At least one person in each stateroom must be an adult.

An adult who is traveling must MAKE the reservation but they do not actually have to be listed on the reservation. They do have to pay the deposit onboard though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter