• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I stay Hyatt airport then use ME 1st thing next morning?

aheaviside

Mouseketeer
Anyone flown into MCO at night time and gotten their own bags and stayed at Hyatt? Could we use the ME first thing the next morning which would be our official check in day?

If anyone has done this before, would love to hear how it went and if you would do again? We are staying club level and CR and I just hate to pay for another full night when we are arriving late.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone flown into MCO at night time and gotten their own bags and stayed at Hyatt? Could we use the ME first thing the next morning which would be our official check in day?

If anyone has done this before, would love to hear how it went and if you would do again? We are staying club level and CR and I just hate to pay for another full night when we are arriving late.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, my sister and I did this in 2009, and it went very smoothly for us, with a bonus.

When we made our ME reservations, we gave WDW the information for a flight arriving early (our choice) on the day we checked in to POFQ. We decided to stay overnight at the Hyatt because we didn't want to arrive at POFQ late and, since room inventory would probably be exhausted, run the risk of being given a room that didn't meet either of our requests. Besides, that one night at the hotel was less expensive (with the AAA discount) than adding the extra night at POFQ.

The morning after our flight arrived, we got up, grabbed a quick breakfast from the McD's at the food court, went back to the hotel to grab our luggage and check out, and then went down to the ME counter. BONUS!!! There was NO LINE!!! No other passengers were there and ME check-in has never been so fast. The driver stowed our bags in the storage compartment under the seats, we waited 5 more minutes and the driver said he would be our private chauffer that morning (other buses were arriving and needed the slot). It was just my sister and me on the entire ME bus. Keep in mind, this was our experience this one time and it was probably a fluke or maybe some pixie dust :wizard:. This was early, around 7:00-7:30AM, and we knew our room wouldn't be ready at POFQ, but we didn't mind; the earlier we got checked in, the earlier we could hit MK. We had a nice conversation with the driver and it was the best ride to our resort ever.

So, for us this worked out well, and we would do it again. The room was very comfortable, and although we weren't picky about location it would have been nice if we had been given a runway view instead of the interior court view, but this was really such a non-issue it didn't bother me one way or the other.

Thanks for the info. I'm seriously considering this option. will look into hyatt prices today.

Do I have to make up flight for ME? The 1st flight from our city doesn't arrive till 9 am but I'll want to be on the ME b/w 730-8 am. Guess I'll have to look at other cities to find an early am arrival flight to give to ME!!

Has anyone else done this?

Sorry I can't help you with ME, but just an FYI... I am flying back next week and staying at the HYatt the night before an early morning flight. I got a AAA rate that included breakfast the following morning. You might want to look into that if you have AAA.

Nothing better than a full belly and a comfortable easy ride on ME first thing in the morning!

Have a great trip.

We love the Hyatt at MCO. You can save $$$ by purchasing a stay certificate. It's like pre-paying for your stay and they mail you a cert. You simply hand it in at check in and covers all taxes too.

https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/products/CertsStay.aspx

Hyatt MCO is "Choice" level. You can't book online. You must call Hyatt directly using the phone # listed in their Terms and Conditions link. Some reps want your cert# in order to book, others will say call us once you receive the cert and give us the # then.

Usually we get Hyatt on Hotwire for $55-75 but it's not always offered so it's good to have a Plan B.

To find a really early arriving flight, search using a city that would have a very short flight time such as Raleigh, Atlanta or Ft. Lauderdale.

Added bonus: Hyatt Bell Services will transport whatever luggage you want to the DME sorting area, so you don't have to worry about getting it to the bus/resort and it will automagically appear in your room. Just be sure to put the yellow tags on it after you get to your Hyatt room, and let the hotel know what you want done.

We love the Hyatt at MCO. You can save $$$ by purchasing a stay certificate. It's like pre-paying for your stay and they mail you a cert. You simply hand it in at check in and covers all taxes too.

https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/products/CertsStay.aspx

Hyatt MCO is "Choice" level. You can't book online. You must call Hyatt directly using the phone # listed in their Terms and Conditions link. Some reps want your cert# in order to book, others will say call us once you receive the cert and give us the # then.

Usually we get Hyatt on Hotwire for $55-75 but it's not always offered so it's good to have a Plan B.

To find a really early arriving flight, search using a city that would have a very short flight time such as Raleigh, Atlanta or Ft. Lauderdale.

I know Spirit Air has a flight in from Atlantic City that lands around 8a...

You don't have to make up a flight-just tell them what you are doing. They will send the ME booklet with blanks shown on flight info for your incoming flight.
We just did this in May and it worked well. Hotel was very nice but of course we were only there for about 8 hours.

Our next trip though-we are going to still arrive about 11PM but are going to get our luggage and take ME and stay at one of the All Stars- we don't really care which one.(hoping to get an AP rate) We figure that way we get the drive over and can sleep in a bit. Then we will just take a cab over to SSR the next morning.

Now, we don't have little kids so this will work fine for us. The main reason we are doing it is that we'd like to get the ride from the airport over with and wake up on Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter