Can I rent a larger stroller somewhere?

Caren

Yo ho, yo ho...
I’m heading to WDW this week with my five-year-old autistic grandson and have rented a City Mini GT Stroller. He’s quite tall for his age but we find we still need a stroller because it gives him a space to withdraw and decompress when things get too intense for him. He’s just on the verge of outgrowing this stroller, so I’ve been looking around for a larger model for our next trip. All I’ve found is the Summit X3, which I know from past experience, just seems to have larger tires, making it difficult to get onto a bus. Any stroller suggestions for those of us who need larger strollers?

Last edited:
Check Orlando Medical Rentals. They have several different strollers, some with higher weight/height limits.
There was also one of the "baby stroller" rental companies that was offering the Maclaren Major Elite, which is very much like a large umbrella stroller (folds compactly, lightweight). I don't remember which company that is, though. I believe the Liberty pushchair that some companies used to offer for special needs kids is no longer available.

Enjoy your vacation!

OK, I just went hunting...

Orlando Stroller Rentals has the Maclaren Major. Oddly enough, they still list the Liberty pushchair, but if you click on that there is info about (paraphrasing...) "no longer available, it is the Maclaren Major instead."

Kingdom Strollers still lists the Liberty Special Needs Stroller. I don't know if they haven't needed to replace their fleet yet, and therefore are still renting the Liberty, or if they have an alternative.

Orlando Medical Rentals has several different strollers with higher weight limits/height limits. Be sure to look under "Special Mobility Strollers" and not just "Strollers."

There may be others out there as well. I don't have personal experience with any of the rentals, as we ended up purchasing a Maclaren Major for DD when she outgrew a regular stroller.

Enjoy your vacation!

ETA: found another -- Simply Strollers rents the Special Tomato. I don't think I've ever seen any reviews of this company, so if you go with them please let us know about it.

Last edited:
OK, I just went hunting...

Orlando Stroller Rentals has the Maclaren Major. Oddly enough, they still list the Liberty pushchair, but if you click on that there is info about (paraphrasing...) "no longer available, it is the Maclaren Major instead."

Kingdom Strollers still lists the Liberty Special Needs Stroller. I don't know if they haven't needed to replace their fleet yet, and therefore are still renting the Liberty, or if they have an alternative.

Orlando Medical Rentals has several different strollers with higher weight limits/height limits. Be sure to look under "Special Mobility Strollers" and not just "Strollers."

There may be others out there as well. I don't have personal experience with any of the rentals, as we ended up purchasing a Maclaren Major for DD when she outgrew a regular stroller.

Enjoy your vacation!

ETA: found another -- Simply Strollers rents the Special Tomato. I don't think I've ever seen any reviews of this company, so if you go with them please let us know about it.

Thanks. The Special Tomato seems like it would fit the bill. I’ll be trying it out in January.

I just had to jump in and say what an awesome name "Special Tomato" is! That made my evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter