Can I redeem my vouchers and get GAC beforehand?

PrincessasMommy

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if there is somewhere, maybe in DTD that I can at the very least redeem our WDW ticket vouchers before we hit the parks? Oldest DD is legally blind and extremely sun sensitive so we recieved a GAC last time we were there. I prefer to get it straightened out before we hit the parks to save time. Any suggestions?

I beleive you can only get the GAC at the parks (Guest Services). I've asked when checking in at the hotel. I've been told you can purchase your tickets at DTD or at the hotels, but you can not get the GAC.

Good luck

If you have ticket vouchers these can be redeemed at any park (including water parks and TTC) Ticket Office or Guest Relations Office or the DTD GRO. They cannot be done at the resorts.

Getting a GAC can only be done at a park GRO. What you might do is consider going to Epcot first. There is some shaded seated near the GRO outside the front entrance. When one member of the family gets to the windows and has the vouchers processed, at that time the rest of the family can come to the window so they can issue the GAC since the disabled person must be present to get the GAC.

Also, if you have your old GAC bring it with you to show them what you need. They will take the old one and give you a new one.

This was about 2 years ago so I am not sure if they still do it. If they did you would not need to enter the parks in order to attain the GAC. Last two times we got ours at Animal Kingdom at Guest Relations, so maybe they've changed their policy.

This was about 2 years ago so I am not sure if they still do it. If they did you would not need to enter the parks in order to attain the GAC. Last two times we got ours at Animal Kingdom at Guest Relations, so maybe they've changed their policy.
The parks do have a Guest Relations right outside the park entrance, so you don't need to enter the park to get the GAC. You do need to have the person the GAC is for with you.
The Guest Relations CMs wear red and blue plaid vests. They can issue GACs; the regular CMs who just sell tickets can't. Usually there is a Guest Relations CM at the International Gateway; we got DD a new GAC there once.

What you might do is consider going to Epcot first. There is some shaded seated near the GRO outside the front entrance.

The international gateway is also a great place for this. You can get a GAC here and it is very well shaded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter