Can I Purchase Disney Gift Cards online and have them sent to another address in US?

nannye

DIS Veteran
I would like to purchase some Gift Cards as a gift to a friend. I'm in Canada and She's in the US. Is there a way to buy them online and just have them shipped to her address? It's that the shipping address is different from my address that I wonder about.

Thanks
Erin

I've bought many things on the Disney Store website, with my Canadian credit card, and had them shipped to relatives in the U.S., to avoid the huge shipping charges to Canada... but I've never bought gift cards, so I'm not sure if it would work. I think its worth trying though.

... or could you have your friend buy some gift cards for you at the Disney store, Target, Walmart, etc and then mail them to you?

When I tried to do this in the past I wasnt able to since every form of payment that I could make originated in Canada or was registered to a Canadian - credit card (even the Amercan fund one), debit and Paypal (also in US funds and sitting in an American institution). I was hoping I could at least have the gift cards sent to our resort. It has to do with international banking laws and trying to prevent money laundering.

Purchasing merchandise internationally is very different than purchasing something that is a cash equivalent.

Gift cards are completely different from other merchandise as they are essentially cash, and if they sold them to Canadians on the website they would be exchanging concurrency ad there are many rules and laws about how that can be done and who can do it. As far as I can tell the only way to get Disney gift cards with a Canadian credit card is to order them from Disneyland and pay for the shipping.

I was able to order them on my Cdn CC and shipped to a US address just last month....I guess I better check that they have $$ on them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter