Can I not order a meal?

Ckmommy72

Mouseketeer
My family and I are traveling to WDW in January. I recently had weight loss surgery, and as a result, while there are no restrictions on what i can eat - my surgery wasn't bypass - I eat very very little. Is it acceptable, at Disney restaurants that are not a character meal, buffet or show for me to simply choose not to order a meal? Literally a couple of bites from DH's plate will fill me up, it seems like such a waste to order a meal that I'm not going to eat. We do have FD (trip is a gift from MIL, and she insisted we needed it), but even though we aren't paying for it, it is still such a waste to just throw out all that food.

I understand that character meals and shows the food is not all you pay for, and I get that at buffets everyone has to pay, so this would only apply to "regular" restaurants.

TIA!

Good question!

I do know that I might order an appetizer and my husband an entree to be served at the same time. Neither of us are large eaters and we dislike throwing away food too :)

Should be no problem as long as you stay away from the fixed-price meals (buffets, character meals, shows).

We did an arrival day lunch OOP before our dining package started the next day and we shared an app and entree with no questions asked. Should work the same even if paying with credits.

I often eat part of my husband's entree at regular TS at WDW. If I tell the servers, they frequently bring me an extra plate and sometimes will even split the entree ahead of time.

I have also had weight loss surgery and can only eat small amounts, I just returned last week and was on the dining plan and I ordered meals I knew were something that would not get stuck but I could enjoy, granted I could not eat the whole meal but I was able to enjoy some wonderful foods. With all the walking I was doing making sure I had enough protein and water is very important.

As you stated you won't be able to do this at buffets or character meals, but regular "disney" owned restaurants you shouldn't have a problem. There are a few like Via Napoli that sharing isn't allowed but it is places that are not owned by Disney.
Other than those you should be good.

I thikn some places might let you order an appetizer in place of an entree, but some might not.

There are also a few places that allow diners to get a three course meal using on TS credit. These 'priced fixe' menus don't include the full menu, but three or four choices for each course.

I know we've periodially shared food at WDW with no problem.

If you do share food - you may find that you end up with extra dining credits.

If that's the case - you might ask about getting a signature meal. You'll fall under the new dining policy - but it might be worthwhile. Lots of signature places have availability if you call on the morning of the day you want to go.

If you are only eating a little bit - you might as well make every bite count!

Also, I find the signature restaurants often have slightly healthier choices thant the regular TS places. I would think if you were limiting your overall intake then it would be important to make those calories count!

Another place that has really great healthy choices and frequent avilability is the Wave.

Thanks for the replies everyone! Glad to hear that it should work out ok. We will definitely have a few TS credits left, and the suggestion of using them at a signature is a good one. I'm gonna look into that! Of course then it will just be more expensive food going to waste! LOL

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter