• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I make rope drop ?

richfei

Earning My Ears
We're coming in on the redeye on Wed June 25 around 7:20am for our first trip to DW. Looking at easywdw for that day suggests MK or EP. We'd like to make rope drop but is that feasible for either park bearing in mind we're picking up a rental car from the airport and we need to use the vending machines to pick up the tickets we bought in advance

I see will call tickets can be picked up here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/ticket-descriptions.htm

Is it quicker to get them at the TTC rather than the park and thus I would be doing this - Park at MK lot, take the tram to TTC, get tickets from the vending machine, then take the bus to MK ?

Also I don't know if there's a quick place to stop off from the airport that's on the way to MK/EP, to grab some water and perhaps some snacks and then quickly get on our way. We'll be checking in at the Vistana Villages much later in the day so we'll grab more groceries and spend more time then

If all of this likely to be after 10am, then I'll adjust my touring plan accordingly or perhaps Universal is a better bet that day ?

With that schedule I doubt you will make MK rope drop at 9am, will take over 1/2 hr to get off plane, through terminal and pick up rental car, then you have the drive (45 to 60 minutes), parking, picking up tickets, and taking monorail from TTC to the MK gate. ANd of course that assumes your flight actually arrives on time!

Can you get your tickets shipped to you? Saves time at will call, plus you can reserve your FPs in advance that way.

Even with that, it would be tough to make it at RD, but you can be through the gates shortly thereafter.

Some tips:

Before you go:
- Get tickets shipped (if possible)
- Use RideMax (since you will be going at a busy time of year), to minimize your wait times and walking times
- Make your FP selections (RideMax will suggest times)

Just before you leave:
- Pack your daybag (sport bottles, ponchos, snacks, etc) before you go, into your carryon or checked luggage
- If at all possible, get by with carryon luggage only, so that you don't waste time at the luggage carousel. You're allowed two bags per person--one carryon bag and one "personal item". This can be a small bag like a makeup bag or backpack. However, purses are extra, so put a purse in your carryon bag.

When you arrive:
- Instead of stopping to buy water, pack some empty sport bottles and your favorite Crystal Light flavor. Ice water is free at any walk-up restaurant, or you can fill from water fountains or bathroom faucets. It's all the same water--just colder from the restaurants.

If you pick up your rental car around 8a, at best you'll get to the MK parking lot about 830-845 (depending on traffic). Figure on 30 minutes to get on the tram, walk to the monorail (DON'T take the ferry), ride the monorail, go through bag check, and then through the front gates. A few more minutes if you have to pick up your tickets at will call.

Good luck!

Thanks for the many suggestions.

We do plan on carry on only.
Unfortunately I can't get the tickets shipped. I think it's Costco's policy. But I have the confirmation number so I can do the FPs 30 days in advance.

We have an Alamo rental car and I confirmed the reservation online and wanted to skip the counter and go straight to the kiosk, but I called Alamo at Orlando airport and they force everyone to head to the counter. So that will be a wait too. I'll be curious if all vendors do that at Orlando

We do have 3 days allocated for Universal and 6 for Disney. Rather than not being able to take advantage of an early day at DW, we might just head to Universal. Granted that will be very busy too but since I have a young one a lot of action rides we wouldn't be doing anyway.

I also don't want to stress anyone out commando style straight from day 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter