• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I make ADRs online for more people than in my resort reservation?

Dominion

Mouseketeer
Our family of 4 is going to Disney next fall with my parents and my sister's family (10 people total). We have 3 separate resort package reservations. I have linked my reservation to my Disney account online so that I will be able to make ADRs online when the time comes, but I'm now wondering if I can make a reservation for 10 people if there are only 4 listed on my reservation? Do I need to link the other resort package reservations to my account to make this work?

None of us have signed up for a dining plan and I'm pretty sure we're not going to if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!

You can make the ADR, it doesn't matter how many people are on your resort reservation. You can make an ADR for more or less people than are on the resort resrvation.

Yup, I have been doing so for my parents... evidentally we can pay seperately, even though we are on the dining plan... I was worried that it would take our credits, but supposed to be fine!

hhuck said:
Yup, I have been doing so for my parents... evidentally we can pay seperately, even though we are on the dining plan... I was worried that it would take our credits, but supposed to be fine!

That's right, you will get separate bills. Your KTTW will state how many adults and children have the dining plan, so you can't order more than that or use your credits to pay for those not on the plan. :)

I have a similar situation with family members. My immediate family consists of 3 people, but including the others we are a party of 8. I understand everyone can pay accordingly (we all have the dining plan), but what happens with the reservations that are held with a credit card? What if we show up and they don't? I don't want my credit card dinged for $10 for a no show. And what about The Luau, don't we have to pay at the time of the reservation? I'd rather just be responsible for just my 3 people.:confused3 Anyone out there have a similar situation?

jgraney106 said:
I have a similar situation with family members. My immediate family consists of 3 people, but including the others we are a party of 8. I understand everyone can pay accordingly (we all have the dining plan), but what happens with the reservations that are held with a credit card? What if we show up and they don't? I don't want my credit card dinged for $10 for a no show. And what about The Luau, don't we have to pay at the time of the reservation? I'd rather just be responsible for just my 3 people.:confused3 Anyone out there have a similar situation?

For the credit card guarantees, as long as some in the party honor the reservation, you will not be charged for those that can't come.

jgraney106 said:
Does that rule also apply to the Luau?

No, this is a prepaid and anyone not attending will be charged unless you cancel 48 hrs in advance.

You don't even have any dining credits until you check in and receive your key cards, so making a reservation will not "deduct" credits from your account. You don't even have an account to deduct from at this point. It's all done at the restaurant.

You do have to watch out for the prepaid reservations. They operate differently than all the other reservations. You can book for everyone at a prepaid reservation on your room reservation with your dining plan, but when you arrive, those who are not on the dining plan will need to be prepared to pay for their meals in full. And if someone drops out you need to remove them from the reservation, because they will be charged anyway.

For the credit card guarantees, as long as some in the party honor the reservation, you will not be charged for those that can't come.

Could you clarify this for me...

We are doing the Fantasmic Dinner Package for 2, but can only get a good ADR time if we make it for 4 people. If we make it for 4 people, and only 2 show up, we will still be seated and not have to pay a penalty?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter