Can I Leave Car At Beach Club & Walk To Ecpot?

You could park at DTD and take a bus to the beach club, then walk to Epcot or take the boat to DHS, then a bus back to DTD and check it out before heading back to your hotel. This way your not taking up parking or or having to pay for valet.

You are taking up parking...for the people that wish to visit DTD. There's a reason why they discontinued direct bus service to the parks from DTD.

I agree with KrazeeK. Parking at DTD when you have no intention to stay at DTD means that those of us trying to visit the area have to cruise in circles for ages trying to find a parking spot. Cough up the cash to pay for your parking- either at the park if you are going to the park, or valet if you have some legitimate reason for being at the resort for part of your day.

The notoriously slow transportation between DTD and the resorts is no accident (IMO). It may be a pain for onsite guests, but it's my guess that this is one more way that they are trying to discourage offsite park guests from parking at DTD.

I do it several times per trip and have neger been asked to move my car.I say DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

baboo800 said:
I do it several times per trip and have neger been asked to move my car.I say DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

They do tow them so good luck with that. If people complain that are staying on property that they cannot find a spot they will get security to look at the cars and remove them. I've seen it done.

mommy2twinprincesses said:
I have done this at Poly, Boardwalk, BC, and AKL and never had a problem. All of those times we had either dinner reservations at that hotel or were dropping the kids off for the kids' club for mommy and daddy date night. All of the times we were honest about why we were there and that we also wanted to check out the resorts while we were there. On the BW and BC visit we also walked to Epcot without a problem. We did not use valet and were never towed. I wouldn't hesitate to go this route again.

You can and will be towed I have seen it. Not fair to us who pay a lot if money to stay and cannot find a spot. Way to cheat and be cheap.

Hopefully said:
You should hesitate. It is against the posted rules. Hotel parking lots are for guests of that hotel. The lots simply aren't large enough to accomodate theme park guests, they are not intended to be.
It is totally unfair to the registered guest of that hotel who is paying to stay there, to be unable to find a parking spot at the end of the day, because you have chosen to by pass the rules and park in the limited parking intended for guests of the hotel.
Can you get away with it - sometimes. Should you do it, Absolutely Not!!!!

People are rude and could careless about actual paying guests being put out. I have seen people complain to security And they got a tow truck and removed cars.

You could park at DTD and take a bus to the beach club, then walk to Epcot or take the boat to DHS, then a bus back to DTD and check it out before heading back to your hotel. This way your not taking up parking or or having to pay for valet.

Just be prepared for it to add up to 45 minutes plus the walk or boat ride to the park. I would probably valet and confirm with valet how long I could stay. As far as parking and towing and cheating or not... I would imagine any and all is possible based on the rants above. I know I've had some trips where I would go to Contemporary for Breakfast and parking was not an issue. I 've gone trying to park and just shop (not going to MK) wife just likes to shop and we've not been able to.

I'm guessing it depends on lots of factors, events at resort, season, who is on duty and if there is a crackdown. I can not say I've ever seen a tow truck that was not with a car owner requiring service, BUT that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

We could really get off subject and talk about how too many people think rules and regulations are for everyone else, and their time or enjoyment is more valuable than anyone elses (or the ones who feel like they have to police everyone else). Probably the same ones who let their kids run through the flowers, jump on the furniture in the lobby or take up 15 pool chairs at 9 AM for their party that won't be down until 2 PM....but oops I digress :-) and I just can't sleep so if my own little rant upsets anyone I will apologize now and blame lack of sleep for my incoherent thought. If I was only at Disney now I would be just a few hours from coffee in the AM

For the record, I DID say that we were honest ALL of the times we did this. We were staying at other Disney resorts and had to show our room key. So if Disney CM ALLOW us to do this...your beef is with THEM not US. My family and I are the ultimate rule followers and we ASKED PERMISSION. We have even asked about the 3 hour rule a couple of times and were told not to worry about it. I don't pool hop, I don't bring back old mugs to refill, I don't let my children run screaming up and down hallways or corridors...BELIEVE ME, people, my family is the least of your Disney concerns. Calm down.

This is totally true apart from the real busy times. I wish it was a perk of staying deluxe to be able to park at any deluxe resort.

If more people park at the resorts then there will be more complaints and Disney will finally implement measures to stop it, so I guess the best action would be to inform as many people online about it.

Posted from my Nokia Windows Phone.

If you have the TIW card the $15 valet fee is waived (at least they did this for us at the Boardwalk on Friday night). We only had to tip the valet. I did have to show the card to the parking cashier.

We just returned from Disney...and this is not a particularly busy time. On Sunday, there was not a spot to be found in the Polynesian lot. Hotel guests were driving around and around looking for a spot. When we left to go to dinner, some guy who had been driving for 30 minutes, stopped as we walked out and asked us where we were parked. Earlier in the morning, we had returned to find one spot all the way against the back row. We directed him to follow us. As he was waiting for us to leave, at least 4 other cars zoomed up to try and claim that spot.

Disney will have no choice but to find a way to stop people from using the resort parking lots to visit the parks.

We are DVC members, have annual passes and a TIW card, and generally use a Disney dining plan. I feel that we are Blessed to be able to do this and I understand that not everyone can...but parking in a resort lot to go to a park is just wrong - even if a CM decided not to say anything on any given day.

Also, every time we have gone into another resort to eat there, the CM at the gate ALWAYS directed us to the valet parking, without exception. And yes, with a TIW card and a receipt, the valet parking fee is waived.

mommy2twinprincesses said:
For the record, I DID say that we were honest ALL of the times we did this. We were staying at other Disney resorts and had to show our room key. So if Disney CM ALLOW us to do this...your beef is with THEM not US. My family and I are the ultimate rule followers and we ASKED PERMISSION. We have even asked about the 3 hour rule a couple of times and were told not to worry about it. I don't pool hop, I don't bring back old mugs to refill, I don't let my children run screaming up and down hallways or corridors...BELIEVE ME, people, my family is the least of your Disney concerns. Calm down.

The fact that you are knowingly taking advantage of the CM's laziness speaks volumes. They people on this thread that spoke up don't have to calm down. You obviously are too rude and inconsiderate to not understand how you are contributing to the guests of that hotel being unable to find a parking spot in the hotel that they are paying to stay in. It doesn't matter that you are being honest. You are still knowingly contributing to the problem.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter