Can I just say one thing....

OK I guess I should preface it with...

I work in an ICU and we have nurses that come to work coughing and sneezing and blowing their nose around patients and other nurses... I can understand if you work in an office, or not around immunocompromised people....

I did not mean to offend anyone... I was just venting... sorry

OK I guess I should preface it with...

I work in an ICU and we have nurses that come to work coughing and sneezing and blowing their nose around patients and other nurses... I can understand if you work in an office, or not around immunocompromised people....

I did not mean to offend anyone... I was just venting... sorry

Okay, yea. :scared:

I'd be a little perturbed if my loved one or myself was in an ICU and the nurse walked in coughing/sneezing. :headache:

I have to agree with the OP on this one.

Do not come to work sick at my place of employment. That is why we have 10 sick days a year here plus two floating personal holidays.

We also allow people to carry over sick days due to extreme medical conditions (cancer, high-risk pregnancy, etc.) so that people don't feel the need to make everyone else sick.

Don't come by and hang out either! If you feel so badly, PLEASE stay home!

I do understand if you have to work, have been there before, but if going to work sick, please let others know and use a tissue! Lots of hand washing as well!

Hope everyone feeling under the weather feels better soon!

I have to.

Sorry.

Me too. I am sick as anything and would have loved to stay home today, but my son has developed this nasty habit of eating everyday. Sorry.

ETA: I can see where not spreading germs in the ICU would be important.

I think you need to remember not everyone has sick pay. Some of are told either come to work sick or don't worry about coming back

I think you need to remember not everyone has sick pay. Some of are told either come to work sick or don't worry about coming back

Heh. I get sick pay but people get written up for using it. :confused3

For instance, I called off from work b/c of excruciating pain on a Thursday. Went to my OB, got drugs, felt so-so and went to work Friday.
Wound up in the ER with pain so bad I could barely breathe at 3am Friday. I didn't make it to work Saturday morning (clearly)...

I was 'verbally coached' twice for two seperate "incicdents" yet if I'd called off Friday it would have only been considered one incident and no coaching would have been needed. :confused:

Let me just add....do not send your child to school if they are sick.

Aren't you contagious even before you start the sneezing and coughing. That is what I alwys heard - could be wrong.

Yes I also have gone to work sick during and audit - couldn't take off!

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

And please stop sending your child to school if he/she is sick.

I agree. When my sons were little, there were kids who came to class with fevers and the teachers would have them lie down on mats for the day because parents wouldn't come for them, saying they couldn't miss work. The teacher wouldn't send them to the nurse because the nurse called 911 whenever there was a child with a fever and no parent available to pick them up until 3 o'clock.

I second that some of us get points if we call out sick. We are given 6 sick days per year and 16 hours of PTO. But please tell me how you schedule sick time? And next time I will be sure to do that. My doctor's jaw hit the floor when I told her that, because she knows I am never out unless I am really sick. I also work in a hospital, but with ER Discharge, but I still have to see some inhouse pts.

I also received points because I took more than 3 days off when my mom
passed away, now tell me how one can grieve sufficiently in 3 days?????

Suzanne

PLEASE Don't come to work sick!!! I work in very tight quarters and there are around 15 of us there. One of the ladies just had major surgery (about 8 weeks ago) and her immune system is down because of it. She was able to return to work at 3 weeks but has probably worked a total of 10 days because other people come to work sick, or even worse bring their sick kids to come hang out in the back office!!! We work for a very small business and don't have insurance or sick leave. We are there because we LOVE what we do. But it's hard to love it when there are people around you that are inconsiderate.

Kinda like with not going to school when sick.

It's why I'm sick.

Because everyone's sick, and we have tests, this week. We HAVE to go.

Say you have a cold, and it lasts a week - you really can't call in sick to work for 5 days for a cold. I couldn't do that at my job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter