Can I just say I miss Disney :(

3redheads

Mouseketeer
Our next two cruises are with RCCL and while we're very excited, I am quite nostalgic. If only DCL would come down on their prices and if only I could go during the school year :sad2:

Kim

I noticed no one had replied to your post yet, and I didn't want you to think no one out there cared you were missing Disney.

We get to go on our first 7 night cruise in Sept (see my signature), and I'm very excited. However, after that there's no telling when we'll get to go again. I travel with my sister, and she's in the middle of adopting a child from Guatemala. We expect the baby to come home in Jan - March of next year, but currently the INS is running 18-24 months behind in getting birth certificates to children adopted internationally. That means that we won't get Hannah's BC until 2007 at the earliest, and we can't travel without a BC. So it will be quite a while before our next cruise. We decided we're probably going to need to start taking longer vacations (10-12 days) to get in a cruise and time at Disney to find our fix. It's just hard not living within driving distance and not making $500,000 so we can make these trips without having to save save save.

All that to say - I feel your pain. :blush:

Jenny

I too understand.. I have not cruised since September, and miss it like mad. You must stay openminded, and enjoy your cruises just the same..Bring some :earsboy: with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

I too, miss disney. I dont think too much about it and dont come to these boards that much anymore......for that reason. It seems like months and months have passed and it was only Jan-Feb that I last went on the cruise. I am rescheduled for Sep of 06 but dont know that I could make it quite that long. I am considering moving my trip up to the usual month I cruise....January :)

I understand last year on the princess cruise, it was kinda fun :rolleyes:. I missed disney every day. There was always something i like better on disney. I don't know what can be beter than disney.

Although I changed my user name about a year ago I have been apart of this forum for almost three years since my first DCL cruise. I would have to say the number one reason I participate in this forum is to still feel like I am not that far removed from my last vacation.

You never want the current vacation to end and when it does you count the days until the next one. We always book onboard for the discount, but also because we need to know that we are coming back. We have had many wonderful times on the Magic and Wonder and always miss it like crazy.

We can't explain this feeling of wanting to be on a Disney Cruise ship, but then we don't think we have to since there are so many others here that feel the same way we do.

I agree about the price. We scheduled our next cruise for July 2006 and it will probably be our only one. The price is really high. It is a shame. I wonder what the threshhold will be before a majority will not be able to afford a DCL cruise.

We had a TA several years ago that told us to wait until DCL prices came down to cruise. He said eventually they would after the "newness" wore off. I don't think that ever happened.

Maybe I should go cold turkey, stay off the site so I'm not sad. Nahhh, I love to read about everyone's experiences.

Thanks for the responses! :cool1:

I totally understand too. The prices during school breaks is just terrible. We are going on a 4 night next March, and it is costing more than we paid for our 7 night last year in September (which is the least expensive time of the year).

After next year's cruise, I don't know what we will do. We are DVC members, so I think we may just start going to WDW and skipping the cruise until maybe graduation or something special like that. We haven't decided.

DH wants to go, but he has asked me not to tell him how much it costs. He knows it is more than he feels comfortable with, but he also wants to go.

We will just have to take it one year at a time and see how our finances are doing.

We use to take 2 vacations a year, but we are cutting back to 1 instead. As the girls get older (going to Middle School next year) they are so busy with other activities that it is hard enough to find time for 1 vacation. So that has helped.

Anyway, I would love to hear a report on RCCL. We are considering them too! It does look like a fun cruise. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

I really wish the Moderators on these boards would add a RCCL Board (they do have a Universal Studios and Sea World board, so why not a board for RCCL since it seems to be the second choice of DIS board people when it comes to cruises).

Anyway, have a great trip!
DJ

Well I love Disney and are taking our GK on their regular August cruise, however this year it will be the 4 day, not traveling to California. But my husband and I are jumping ship, in May we are going on a 5 day to Bermuda out of Baltimore on RC, very cheap cruise and no airfare needed. In December I know I will be heartbroken, because last night I book a 7 day on Carnival Glory, we were going to go to WDW but this cruise got my attention. We will probably be next to the Magic a lot and it will make me sad. The only think that will keep me happy is that the cost of the cruise is $499 a person, without taxes, a bargain I could not pass up. With what we saved on the 4 day vs. 7 in August my husband and I can cruise 2 more times and not spend any extra money. But I will miss the Magic, but not the price!

Hi,

I understand completly! My very first cruise was on DCL way back when the Magic was the only ship Disney had in her fleet. Since then I have sailed DCL many times and then due to the prices and the fact that I wanted more "product knowledge" I started sailing on other cruislines like Carnival and RCCL. Our annual family Christmas cruise has also since moved from DCL to RCCL due to the prices. The family to this day still talks about how much they loved DCL and we would like to book her again some day. I myself haven't been on DCL in about two years or three years and I do still come to these boards every once in awhile to see if anyone has found any good deals. One time, thanks to these boards a few years ago the great folks here told me about an offer Disney did once that if you sailed in Jan. you could sail again for only $99! Needless to say, I booked that one and ever since I keep an eye on the boards here.
It's been really nice to be able to post again here though now that I'll be going back on DCL again! It was my first and she'll always be my favorite! I sure have missed her and can't wait to sail her again.....

Mmketeer
Sailing DCL again 2/2/05 :cheer2:

We are headed out in less than a week for our cruise and are very excited. We had to bump our date back almost six months from our original depature date, for school schedule reasons and to enable us to finish paying for this vacation. To top things off, my Air Force son ( God Bless Him & all service men and women ) just received his orders to ship out to the Gulf and we spent a lot of our spending money on a last min. visit with him.
Oh well that was $$ better spent anyway!

My point is that I agree that DCL is expensive and I will joinn the chorus of those wishing there was a way for them to lower there prices yet maintain the quality we all have come to expect from DCL. Unfortunately because of price this will probably be our last DCL cruise for awhile. Other cruise lines (with more ships) are able to offer good product at a more affordable price.

:banana: :cool1: That said five days and a wake-up :cool1::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter