• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I join you all? (long, sorry!)

nicolep91

<font color=teal>I think this thread should be con
Hi everyone!

I've lurked here on the WISH board on and off and I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge and post! ;)

I joined eDiets last year and lost about 22 pounds. I quit because I knew how to eat right to lose weight so I figured I didn't need to "waste" $10 a month for a meal plan that I could quote by heart! Unfortunately, since quitting I've gained back 7 of those 22 lbs and never did make it to my goal weight of 129 (just wanted to make it to the 120's! lol!). Even worse, my exercise regimine has gone completely to pot so I feel like I've gained even more than 7 lbs. since I know I've gained fat and lost muscle.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to "get serious" again and start eating right and exercising regularly, but it's always "next week" or after the weekend, that party, etc., etc. Of course, it's just not happening so I know it's now or never! I weight 141 right now and would really like to be at 129 by November when we take our next trip to WDW. That's 12 lbs. It doesn't sound like that would be too hard, actually just 2 lbs. a month starting in April, but since the scale has been moving in the wrong direction for me lately, it seems almost impossible!

I've come to the conclusion that I need the support of a group and checking in to keep myself honest! Weighing in every week should really help too. So, to make a long story short (too late now, I know!), I'd love to be a part of your group!

Hi Nicole, welcome to WISH. It's great to see you here, I'm really glad you decided to join us.

Will you be following any "formal" eating plan or just going to make better choices?

Grab your clipart. There are some great instructions written by Wovenwonder right <b>HERE</b>

We have a terrific support group here and I'm glad you will be part of it now. WISH has been very helpful to me--I'm sure you will find it helpful too.

Katholyn

You've come to the right place Nicole! Are you going to follow the E-Diets plan again -- or do you have something else in mind?

Whatever you decide to go with -- you will find LOADS of support here on the board!
:D

Thank you both for the warm welcome!

Katholyn, I haven't come across your eating plan. Can you direct me to it? I'm not really sure if I'll be following something formally or not. I don't do real well with having to fix/buy specific items. I found what worked well for me before to lose weight, was to eat a good healthy breakfast and lunch, then eat whatever I made my family for dinner, just a scaled down version with a big helping of veggies/salad!

wovenwonder, I don't think I'll rejoin eDiets right now. I'm going to see if by reading the posts here and checking in weekly will help keep me motivated. When I was with eDiets, I had a great support group of friends and we all kind of quit at the same time and I don't relish the thought of trying to find others with similar interests/goals.

Thanks again for making me feel right at home!

Check out our 'Getting to know you" thread to see all the different plans that WISHers are following. Be sure to tell us a little about yourself too -- as well as post a picture!
:D

Welcome to WISH! Having a support groups is often a key component of losing weight. Don't forget to grab a clip art, they in themselves are very motivational. Seeing it at the bottom of all you posts (and others too) are a great way to remind you to stick with it.

Welcome to the W.I.S.H. Boards.:D

When you need encouragement this is the board to come to.:D

I follow the Atkins plan, Nicole. Several of us here follow that way of eating. http://atkinscenter.com/ This is an easy plan for me personally.

We also have lots of WW members.

All kinds of eating plans here on WISH

Nicole, your story sound a lot like mine...lost it and starting gaining it all back waaaaaaay too quickly!!

I made up my mind to stop gaining and start losing before I got totally out of control, so I joined WISH, Weight Watchers and Curves all within the last month or so.

I love the support and encouragement around here and I'm sure you will too!!

Dottie

Welcome, Nicole. Glad that you are here. This is a wonderful support group.

wovenwonder, I'll have to try to find a recent picture to post here. I love looking at some of the before/after shots!

disneychrista, it must be working because I already feel motivated. I even worked out this morning! Go me! lol!

Cthia & Debbie, thanks for the welcome!

nativetxn, I don't think I could follow the Atkins plan. If I think I "can't" have something, I want it all the more! Actually, the eDiets plan (which I believe is very similar to Weight Watchers, just count calories instead of points) worked really well for me -
when I followed it!

Dottie, I'm glad I'm not alone in the losing/gaining battle! Curves just opened here in my town and some of my co-workers have joined and really like it. I already have a membership to a gym but when it runs out, I'll probably check out Curves.

Thanks again everyone for welcoming me! I really look forward to getting to know you all better.

Great for you for working out today. Keep up the good work.:D

I joined Curves back in September and I love the place. I would encourage you to give it a try. There is several threads regarding Curves that you could check out.

Before you know it you will be at your goal.

Sorry for the late welcome! So, WELCOME! :)

You came to the right place. I like the way you think (129 just to be in the 120s!) :) I am sure that you will reach your goal. You have plenty of time!!!

When you really decide you want to do it, it will happen. I was fooling myself before I joined WW a few weeks ago. I was on a "program" that I had followed a few years ago. Of course, the program didn't work for me this time because I kept adding in all sorts of extras here and there, and too much beer! The WISHers on WW were just losing weight like crazy, so I threw my "program" out the window and got back on WW and I have actually lost weight!!! :)

So you know you can do it. I think your post shows that you are READY this time!!! Hope to see you here often! Good luck and welcome!!!

Originally posted by nicolep91
I joined eDiets last year and lost about 22 pounds. I quit because I knew how to eat right to lose weight so I figured I didn't need to "waste" $10 a month for a meal plan that I could quote by heart! Unfortunately, since quitting I've gained back 7 of those 22 lbs and never did make it to my goal weight of 129 (just wanted to make it to the 120's! lol!). Even worse, my exercise regimine has gone completely to pot so I feel like I've gained even more than 7 lbs. since I know I've gained fat and lost muscle.
I wonder how many of us have gone through that sort of thing ourselves. I know I had several roller coaster rides.

What's worse, even after losing weight and keeping it off for "practically forever," we're all still going to be subject to the same pressures and situations that lead people who have NEVER been overweight down the path of poor health. I'm constantly vigilant about my health; I'm confident that maintaining that vigiance can prevent that from happening to me again.
I've come to the conclusion that I need the support of a group and checking in to keep myself honest! Weighing in every week should really help too. So, to make a long story short (too late now, I know!), I'd love to be a part of your group!
Welcome!

Thanks bicker and TigH for the welcomes! I happy to report that since I've been hanging out here I've worked out 3 days in a row now and done pretty well with my eating habits too.

cthia - my gym membership runs out in August, so I'll probably join Curves then. Plus, by then I'm hoping it's not so busy since everyone I know joined because it just opened here.

Hi Nicole :wave: Welcome!!! Having some accountability really does seem to help doesn't it? The weekly check in here can do that! So glad to have you a part of us! Your goals are very realistic and I know you can do it!!!

Nicole great for you for working out 3 days in a row.

Glad to hear you are considering joining Curves. I would say all the ladies I have met at Curves have been very nice people. They are great bunch of people. There has been several nights I have gone and there has been tons of people there but then it clears quickly. I guess it will depend on what time you go to workout. I hear its busy when they first open then busy when people are getting out of work. I go around 6 pm and I've only encountered it busy on Monday nights but there is always a spot to jump in.

Well keep up the good work.:D

P.S. My DD name is Nicole.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter