• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I have a dr. Pepper at Disney world?

I buy it at the Orlando airport but I've yet to come across it at Disney. Which is unfortunate because I love it, too!

Disney have an exclusive contract with Coca Cola so I don't believe you can get Dr. Pepper in DW. You may be able to find it at MCO or someplace else off site and bring it with you.

I allways throw a couple 1 liters in my luggage, gotta love DP, I've notice not every where has the DP throwbacks made with real sugar you can buy them by the 12 pack in TX!! 10-2 and 4!! Good stuff!

Only if you go to a Hess station or something and buy it and take it to the resort with you. Disney only sells Coca-Cola products. I feel your pain, I'm a Pepsi product person, due to allergies and I cant drink soda at WDW. :(

You could probably use Garden Grocer or a similar service to deliver it to your room along with any other snacks or drinks you would want.

Will I be able to find dr pepper at Disney world or at mco?

I'm a Dr. Pepper drinker (but have tried cutting back on it) and we bring a 6-pack of bottled Dr. Peppers from home.

I highly recommend Pibb Extra. I've searched every trip (I love it more than Dr. P) and have found in the Coke machines at some of the parks and at the food court at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Being from the UK our DR P while good tastes nothing like the US one. We are planning to head to the Hess station at DTD to pick up some snacks etc and sodas.

Only if you go to a Hess station or something and buy it and take it to the resort with you. Disney only sells Coca-Cola products. I feel your pain, I'm a Pepsi product person, due to allergies and I cant drink soda at WDW. :(

I am not even sure you can get it at the Hess stations on property. A year or so ago, they didn't have Pepsi products available.

cluvsdisney said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilsk8nmac

Only if you go to a Hess station or something and buy it and take it to the resort with you. Disney only sells Coca-Cola products. I feel your pain, I'm a Pepsi product person, due to allergies and I cant drink soda at WDW.

I am not even sure you can get it at the Hess stations on property. A year or so ago, they didn't have Pepsi products available.

The Hess stations on property don't sell Pepsi products.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Being from the UK our DR P while good tastes nothing like the US one. We are planning to head to the Hess station at DTD to pick up some snacks etc and sodas.

The Hess stations also only sell Coke products. Dr pepper is not Pepsi but its also not Coke (only in the US and Canada, it complicated). So almost 100% sure not available at the Hess stations OP.

The Hess stations on property don't sell Pepsi products.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

This is true, however a trick that worked on my honeymoon 8 or so years ago is to walk from the DTD Pleasure Island bus terminals across the street to the Hess Station that is right there and that one is technically off property and had Pepsi products. It's literally just across the road, then you walk back to the PI busses and take the bus back to your resort. Mission Accomplished. Assuming this hasn't changed in recent years, the wife has sworn off pop since then and I never really drank it anyway so I'm not sure if it still works.

This is true, however a trick that worked on my honeymoon 8 or so years ago is to walk from the DTD Pleasure Island bus terminals across the street to the Hess Station that is right there and that one is technically off property and had Pepsi products. It's literally just across the road, then you walk back to the PI busses and take the bus back to your resort. Mission Accomplished. Assuming this hasn't changed in recent years, the wife has sworn off pop since then and I never really drank it anyway so I'm not sure if it still works.

This was posted awhile ago and I have to ask are you sure? The person posting realized that were probably mistaken and no one else has ever posted that they ever found Pepsi products at the Hess Staion. Well at least since around 1985 when Coke gave WDW an offer they couldn't refuse.

That station is most certainly still on property. WDW extends all the way to I-4 in that area.

This was posted awhile ago and I have to ask are you sure?

I assure you I purchased Mountain Dew and Pepsi at that very gas station in August of 2005. Now whether it is officially "on property" or not is neither here nor there but in those days they DID sell Pepsi, my then new wife was adamant I get her some, and without a car I know for a fact it was this location.

I assure you I purchased Mountain Dew and Pepsi at that very gas station in August of 2005. Now whether it is officially "on property" or not is neither here nor there but in those days they DID sell Pepsi, my then new wife was adamant I get her some, and without a car I know for a fact it was this location.

Maybe the only Coke at the Hess Stations came later.

Maybe the only Coke at the Hess Stations came later.

That's entirely possible, any trip we took after that we drove down so we had access to Publix or Wal-Mart to get drinks so we never went back to that Hess station and then as I mentioned earlier my wife stopped drinking pop in 2010 so we haven't had reason to anyway. Still, I have fond memories of being the "hero" who discovered the one place we wouldn't need to take a cab to get Pepsi on our honeymoon.

I know its a stretch but it does work. I work at a movie theater & have a lot of spare time on my hands so when I do I mix different soda combinations in order to recreate taste-a-like Pepsi products with Coke. This does come in handy especially at WDW where the only chance I have of getting Pepsi is when I venture off property & eat at Hard Rock Cafe or wait until i'm in the airport terminal at Au Bon Pain. Here are a few Coke to Pepsi options i've discovered.

Coke+Sugar= Pepsi
Diet Coke+Sweetener= Diet Pepsi
Mello Yello+Sugar= Mountain Dew
Mr. Pibb+Diet Coke= Dr. Pepper

Just remember you can add fruit punch to a coke product to create a cherry flavor, same with fanta orange. I make these drinks for customers all the time & have never had them tell me the taste wasn't as close as it could be to the real thing.

Just thought i'd throw my two cents in.

It depends on where you are in the US and in Canada as to whether Dr. Pepper is Coke or Pepsi. Where I live its in almost every store whether its a coke or pepsi store. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter