Can I go on any rides if I am pregnant???

MrsMoncrief23

Mouseketeer
I will be 4 months pregnant when we go to WDW. My son is 2 and will ride the little kid rides, nothing major, he is too short. Will I be able to go on stuff with him, Dumbo and the like, Safari in AK, Kali River Rapids, etc. My husband was teasing me last night saying I will just have to watch. I hope he is wrong, I want to have fun too!

Yep, you can go on some..but others like EE, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Dinosaur etc..you won't be able to. I don't know if you can go on Kali River Rapids or not. Sorry, I didn't help much. :laughing:

P.S. It's beautiful in IL today isn't it?!

I will be 4 months pregnant when we go to WDW. My son is 2 and will ride the little kid rides, nothing major, he is too short. Will I be able to go on stuff with him, Dumbo and the like, Safari in AK, Kali River Rapids, etc. My husband was teasing me last night saying I will just have to watch. I hope he is wrong, I want to have fun too!

You should always check with your physician and use your own better judgement, of course.

All attractions with ride motions that might exacerbate medical or physical conditions have warning signs outside the entrances, at several points in the queue, and right before boarding.

All attractions allow you to decide not to ride, even after you have walked thru the queue.

Here is a list of those rides with Attraction Warnings-

http://allearsnet.com/tp/rr.htm

I went when I was 8 months pregnant this past Dec and had a blast. I did miss riding Splash and EE but not enough to keep me from having a great time.

I think they have warning signs that include warning you not to ride if you're pregnant. I would ask CMs if you're unsure.

Of the ones you listed, Kali River Rapids and Kilimanjaro Safaris are not recommended for expectant mothers. Otherwise I would guess that anything you would take a 2-year old on would be fine for you. As others have said, just make sure to read the restrictions before you get on the ride. Something like the safari would seem like it would be fine but because they do go through a lot of bumpy areas and then they also speed around toward the end when they are pretending to go after the elephant poachers, that's probably why it's not good for pregnant women.

Of course you need to check with your OB, but I don't think you would have a problem with any ride at four months except Mission Space, orange version.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You can look at the park maps for the attractions with warnings - they are marked with a red triangle on the map and also on a sign at the entrance to the queue.
For Epcot here are the attractions with warnings:
  • Mission Space the sign outside the attraction says that pregnant women are advised not the ride both the more tame (green side) and the more wild (orange side)
  • Test Track
For Magic Kingdom:
  • Splash Mountain
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
  • Space Mountain
  • Goofy's Barnstormer (this doesn't have a triangle warning sign on the map, but does say that pregnant women should not ride)
For Disney Studio
  • Star Tours
  • Rock N Roller Coaster
  • Tower of Terror
For Animal Kingdom:
  • Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Expedition Everest
  • Primeval Whirl
  • Dinosaur

Soarin' doesn't have any warnings that would affect pregnancy; just heights and possibly motion sickness.

The Safari and Kali River Rapids are listed because you can get unexpected hard bumps and drops during the course of the ride. Many people suggest that the Safari is less bumpy closer to the front, but it is still bumpy. We sit in the front seat because youngest DD needs to stay in her wheelchair; we still get bounced around a lot. It all depends on which ruts your ride car hits. I have also ridden it without DD, and have found the farther back seats are also bumpy.

G forces are the reason for not riding Splash Mountain. The big drop takes you down at a very extreme angle at a high rate of speed (I think you get to 40 mph). At the bottom, your ride car stops abruptly. That sort of combination of fast speed drop at an extreme angle and then abrupt stop can theoretically cause placental abruption - where the placenta actually peels away from the wall of the uterus. That's the main reason for warnings at Splash Mountain.
For rides like Dinosaur, Star Tours, Test Track, Big Thunder Mountain you are not moving that fast, but experience sudden changes of direction that jerk you around a lot.

My wife was pregnant one of our trips to Disney and she talked with her doctor who had just been. Her doc said most things are fine. He said absolutely not to Dinosaur because of how rough it was and that she should also probably skip the safari because of the bumpiness. She had no intention of riding TOT and EE was being built that time. Otherwise, I don't remember anything else being a specific no from the doc, but like was stated previously, check with your doc and use common sense.

I went when I was about 3 months pregnant in December and rode pretty much everything that my two year old rode. There is so much to do in Disney to keep you busy, you can still have fun with your family. You'll just have to miss out on some of the "big" rides. Needless to say, I'm due any day now...

I have gone twice now while pregnant and while I did most of the rides, I stayed away from the coasters. Just take plenty of breaks and keep hydrated.

Last year's trip I was about 4-5 months pregnant. I rode:

MK:
Dumbo
Peter Pan
Pooh
Small World

AK:
Safari
Tricerotop Spin

DHS:
Toy Story Mania
watched Stunt Show
watched Little Mermaid show

EP:
Soarin
Test Track

To be honest, the worst ride of all was the plane ride their :sick::eek:

We went last September when I was four months pregnant. We had our two little ones with us. I sat out on Indy Speedway, Tea cups, Barnstormer, Safari, Test Track, Kali-I actually didn't ride any rides in AK, just did all the shows and exhibit type things.

A few that others didn't mention that I did ride was Buzz Lightyear, Pirates-although only once because I found the drop to be a little too much for me, my family rode a number of times after that without me. I have read a number of people saying the drop didn't bother them, but it made me a little sick to my stomach. It will just depend how you feel. I did ride Soarin-it was fine.

I would just avoid things that recommend that you not ride them if you are pregnant. And yes...stay plenty hydrated! I had to work hard to keep up with the extra water that I needed to drink!

We had a blast and I hope you will too!:lovestruc

I am worrying about this too for our next trip in December. I may be preggo by then and am wandering if I am going to miss out on all the fun stuff I usually do. I am going with my large, extended family and really want to enjoy the trip, as my DH and I are planning it for everyone using our DVC membership. We have no other kids, so this would be a first. I just don't want to feel like I have to miss out on everything??? :confused3

I can't think of any rides that would keep me away while pregnant at Disney. They're pretty mild except for maybe Dinosaur & EE like others said. Also, Teacups would have made me lose lunch for sure.

and I am going-I hope I feel good though.I do have issues with my legs so I may rent a scooter to do epcot or AK(I find the walking harder here for me than MK)I am planning on lots of pool time and taking it slow.The best part is for the first time ever I won't be trying to lose weight before my trip!!!!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter