Can i get some info on the Disney Visa please?

jade88

Earning My Ears
I've taken two WDW trips over the last 2 years and as of late i've been receiving an offer for the Disney Visa ever few weeks in the mail it seems.

Is it worth it? What kind of credit line do they start you out with? Am i a lock to be approved?

Some answers to these general questions would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry I can't answer your specific questions about credit lines. If you click on this link it will show up the perks to the disney visa. We enjoy the shopping perks as well as the Disney World theme park perks:
https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/

Last fall during the food and wine festival there was a special area for disney visa credit card holders - free soda, video games for the kids to play, air conditioned seating, etc....

Things I like about the Disney Visa:

1. The Disney Rewards are nice to use for a variety of things like souvenirs (at parks and at Disney Stores), theme park meals and/or dining plan tips, shipboard charges on Disney Cruise Line, etc.

2. Financing (putting off payments) on Disney vacation packages (deposits and final payments) is nice.

3. Early access to special offers can be a nice perk, when it's done (not always).

4. Free character photo at the Epcot and Disney California Adventure Visa meet and greets is a nice souvenir.

5. Occasional access to exclusive events at the Disney Store seem infrequent, but can be fun when offered.

I use my Disney Visa to accrue the rewards dollars. I charge everything all month, then pay it off in full each month. We paid for our entire wedding using the card and was able to get a "free" honeymoon - savannah rooms at AKL, DDP, and park tix for 8 days using rewards dollars. The interest rates are pretty steep so I am careful to pay it off each month. My credit line is high and I get emails from them frequently offering to up my max. I never do that.

I especially like the early access to deals - when the summer deals came out last month, I was able to apply the discount to all the rooms I had booked for our family reunion this summer. Didn't have to worry about sell-out. I also like the free character photo - never a line and some pretty cool characters.

there is a current program out for getting a referral code from a current Disney Visa holder.
you can get a $200 Disney Gift Card for opening a new account during this promotion. If you want further details, please PM me.

Two things that haven't been mentioned yet. There are two levels of Disney Visa, the regular (platinum?) card which has no annual fee, and the signature visa which has I believe has a $49 annual fee. The basic no annual fee card earns 1% on all standard purchases that get converted into Disney $$. The signature card earns the same 1%, but in addition on groceries, gas and dining it earns 2% rewards. As much as I hate, and until now have never paid an annual fee, one look at our spending patterns made it a no brainer to pay the annual fee, as the additional rewards that I earned more than offset the annual fee.

The second thing is airline tickets. This is a nice feature. As long as you purchase your airline tickets on your Disney Visa (doesn't matter which airline or dates) you can use your Disney $$ to pay for all or some of the airline tickets. Its pretty slick. Airline tickets can be to anywhere, doesn't have to be to Orlando or part of any Disney package.

I have a Disney Visa and have rarely used it. Quite frankly, you can find reward cards that give you cash back with higher percentages than Disney Visa and you can use the cash for anything, not just Disney or flights.

It used to be that with Disney Visa you would get early access to promotions. But tell that to the folks with DV's this week waiting for free dining. They skipped DV early access entirely, turning the reservations system into a feeding frenzy.

You do get some merchandise discounts with the DV at World of Disney...however, in my case, I do at least as well with an Annual Pass discount. One place the DV has a really good discount is on tours...you get a better percentage with the DV than AP.

But for cash back or rewards, you're better off in other places.

I have a Disney Visa and have rarely used it. Quite frankly, you can find reward cards that give you cash back with higher percentages than Disney Visa and you can use the cash for anything, not just Disney or flights.

It used to be that with Disney Visa you would get early access to promotions. But tell that to the folks with DV's this week waiting for free dining. They skipped DV early access entirely, turning the reservations system into a feeding frenzy.

You do get some merchandise discounts with the DV at World of Disney...however, in my case, I do at least as well with an Annual Pass discount. One place the DV has a really good discount is on tours...you get a better percentage with the DV than AP.

But for cash back or rewards, you're better off in other places.

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. I have the regular Disney Visa and rarely use it unless I can't get a better cash back percent from one of my other cards. I did just sign up for the Disney Premier card with the $49 annual fee because of the $200 statement credit they were offering, but I'll cancel the card before I get charged the next annual fee. I have multiple credit cards that offer way better rewards. My Amex Blue Cash Preferred gives me 6% cash back on groceries and 3% cash back on gas and department stores. It comes with a $75 annual fee, but I've already earned over $385 in rewards in the 9 months I've had the card. My Chase Freedom and Discover offer 5% cash back in certain categories each quarter.

Thanks for some really good information guys!!

I'm still mulling it over obviously, but how do i offset APR and the annual fees to make it worth the signature card? I don't want the APR and annual fee to be more than what I accrue lol.

I read something about a $198 rebate on airfare to, I think it was pertaining to the signature card.

Thanks for some really good information guys!!

I'm still mulling it over obviously, but how do i offset APR and the annual fees to make it worth the signature card? I don't want the APR and annual fee to be more than what I accrue lol.
You can't offset a credit card's APR with 1-2% rewards. The only way the rewards are a bonus is if you pay off the card every month (or you're using the 6-month 0% financing on Disney vacation packages). My APR is 15.24% -- had to look it up because I don't care what it is, since I pay my bill fully and don't pay interest. But you can see that if I ever missed a payment, the interest charges would very quickly wipe out any benefit of earning rewards. :)

The premier card with the annual fee is something you have to decide by considering your own spending habits. You can compare the two cards here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/visa-card/promotion/

The no-fee card is a flat 1% back. The premier card is 1% back on everything, with an additional 1% at gas stations, groceries, restaurants, and Disney locations. You would have to charge $4,900/year in those categories to equal the $49 annual fee. There are free cash back cards with better rewards that you might want to look into for comparison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter