Can I get preferred Seating thru when I stay at GC?

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by surfer_ed, Nov 25, 2012.

1. surfer_ed

surfer_ed Disney/Marvel Geek and Proud of it

Posted on the DL board but not sure of the answer. I understand when you book thru the Disney Travel Company you can get preferred seating at Aladdin and the parade etc. Can you get this as a DVC member staying at Grand Calif?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. boiseflyfisher

boiseflyfisher <font color=red>I'm curious, too<br><font color=ro

No. There are no special seating perks for staying at The Grand.

4. taaren

taaren "There is more treasure in books than in all the p

No, you can't get the Preferred Seating for Aladdin through the Grand Californian (though some have reported there are some travel agencies that sell the Preferred Seating vouchers for $10-ish ... I'd have to do a search to find the thread).

There are some good perks for staying at the VGC though, mostly the ones that are available to all Disney resort guests (which there are a lot fewer of in California than in Florida), including the Early Entry to DCA and Magic Mornings at Disneyland (MMs are available to everybody, though limited to one with some hoppers, but resort guests can use them every day). Prior to Early Entry days, and possibly on non-EE days, they would also allow resort guests to get World of Color FPs prior to the park opening. Not sure if they still do this or not, as we haven't stayed since June.

5. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

When you book a *package* through TAs like WDTC you get package things like preferred seating. Not just room-only unless it's a specific offer being made at that time. I have never seen such an offer. And not for DVC stays on points.

For awhile people said that a visit to WDTC offices in DTD, way back past the new Earl of Sandwich,l near the Alamo location, could result in the purchase of those package things, but I never saw much point in it. Our experience with preferred seating wasn't worth anything at all, and we regretted it due to being in line first, seated last, and in a less than optimal location (specifically talking about Aladdin in late 07 here). Never used it, never needed to use it, for anything else.

6. myxdvz

myxdvz DVC - BLT

We stayed at VGC last January using our DVC points. We purchased our tickets thru Walt Disney Travel company and I asked about this $10 booklet that contains Toontown Madness, etc and they gave it to me with the tickets since I was purchasing the tickets using my Disney VISA credit card. That same booklet contained the preferred seats on the parades, Aladdin, etc.

I think there's a package for that if you were not buying the Hotel/Ticket package.