Can I get a...ROLL TIDE!!!

tiffsix

Queen of the Castle
January 9th is a long ways off so just needed to say Roll Tide! Hoping Bama capture's their 14th title. RTR

I am part of the minority that thinks Bama has no business being in teh championship game. I hope they get slaughtered.

2003....Louisiana Superdome....LSU 21/Oklahoma 14....LSU National Champions

4 years later.......

2007....Louisiana Superdome....LSU 38/Ohio State 24....LSU National Champions

4 years later......

2011....Louisiana Superdome....LSU ?/Alabama ?

Will the trend continue? You bet!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

I am part of the minority that thinks Bama has no business being in teh championship game. I hope they get slaughtered.

I don't think you're as much in the minority as you might think. Most of my friends won't be watching it either. Who wants to watch another Battle of the Field Goal Kickers? I think Oklahoma State should be there instead of Bama.

I can't decide whether to root for LSU so everyone can say "I told you so" or root for Alabama so they can say "What does this settle? In the end, my college football viewing for the season will end after the Cotton Bowl on January 6th. This will, of course, be after I've watched my alma mater chop down some trees in the desert. Go Pokes!

Zippa D Doodah, I don't think you were in the minority either. This was the fan vote taken on espn.com last week.
379125_199861870099114_199841783434456_483114_340414503_n.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't think you're as much in the minority as you might think. Most of my friends won't be watching it either. Who wants to watch another Battle of the Field Goal Kickers? I think Oklahoma State should be there instead of Bama.

Although I don't think it will be another battle of the field goal kickers, I agree that Oklahoma State should be playing in the title game instead of Bama. First of all, Okie St won their conference; Bama didn't even win their division of their conference. And second, LSU already beat Bama, on the road, in Tuscaloosa. Why should we have to beat them again?

Although I won't be watching if I absolutely have to pick a team I'd probably pick Alabama for two reasons:

-a friend is a big fan
-it will once again expose how broken the BCS system is.

Hey, good luck. I hope someone scores a TD this time.

January 9th is a long ways off so just needed to say Roll Tide! Hoping Bama capture's their 14th title. RTR
Heck. By Bama standards, it's already theirs. Bama even counts 1941 when they had two losses, finished third in the SEC and ended the season ranked #20. So no need to hope. By the Bama method of counting national titles, they already have one this year.

Who wants to watch another Battle of the Field Goal Kickers?
It's going to be another puntastic puntacular. But back on the subject of field goal kickers, given the LSU game, I was given to understand that Alabama doesn't have a field goal kicker.

Heck. By Bama standards, it's already theirs. Bama even counts 1941 when they had two losses, finished third in the SEC and ended the season ranked #20. So no need to hope. By the Bama method of counting national titles, they already have one this year.

It's going to be another puntastic puntacular. But back on the subject of field goal kickers, given the LSU game, I was given to understand that Alabama doesn't have a field goal kicker.

Or we can count 1966 and the "Missing Ring" when we were undefeated and didn't get it. It works both ways

2003....Louisiana Superdome....LSU 21/Oklahoma 14....LSU National Champions

4 years later.......

2007....Louisiana Superdome....LSU 38/Ohio State 24....LSU National Champions

4 years later......

2011....Louisiana Superdome....LSU ?/Alabama ?

Will the trend continue? You bet!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Please note:

2003- Nick Saban was the coach
2007-Les Miles wins it with Nick Sabans players
2011- Nick Saban is Bama's coach

I guess we will see what happens

Although I don't think it will be another battle of the field goal kickers, I agree that Oklahoma State should be playing in the title game instead of Bama. First of all, Okie St won their conference; Bama didn't even win their division of their conference. And second, LSU already beat Bama, on the road, in Tuscaloosa. Why should we have to beat them again?

I think the translation on that one is that LSU fans think they will have an easier time with Ok St than Bama. Oh well, it ain't gonna be orange and black in the Superdome on Jan 9- it's going to be Crimson and White. 2nd- the conference arguement is ridiculous because TWICE the Big 12 had teams in the title game that didn't win their conference. I wish all LSU fans could be as gracious as Les Miles..."We would be honored to play Alabama again"

The University of Alabama 2009 Official Football Media Guide states that Alabama had 12 national championships prior to winning the 2010 BCS National Championship Game.[84] The 2009 title brings the total number of national championships claimed by Alabama to 13. In addition to the championships claimed by the university, the NCAA lists Alabama as receiving a championship for the 1945, 1966, 1975, and 1977 college football seasons,[6][82] however those championships are not claimed by Alabama. Eight of Alabama's national championships were awarded by the wire-services (AP and Coaches' Poll) since their inception

So for every 1941 you want to talk about there is a '45, '66, '75 and '77 that the university doesn't acknowledge. Either way, Bama is one of the most storied football programs ever and they are playing for a national title on Jan 9

It's too bad the Big 12 was not interested in a playoff system when the SEC proposed it back in 2008. That way Alabama could prove, on the field, that they are the #2 team, and the only team with any real chance of taking down LSU. I think the rematch will turn out to be a much different game this time around, but what do people think would be so exciting about watching LSU mangle Oklahoma State (a la Oregon earlier this season), anyway? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter