Can i dine first or do i need ti check in to use my DDP

diamondect4

Earning My Ears
If we do the checkin on line and have our magic bands and DDP all set do I still have to check into my resort first or can i go straight to the park and use my DDP right away? I know my room won't be ready at 9 in the in morning and I would rather save the trip to the hotel and go straight to the park. But I wanted to make sure my DDP would be automatically activated.

If we do the checkin on line and have our magic bands and DDP all set do I still have to check into my resort first or can i go straight to the park and use my DDP right away? I know my room won't be ready at 9 in the in morning and I would rather save the trip to the hotel and go straight to the park. But I wanted to make sure my DDP would be automatically activated.
No, your Dining Plan won't be activated until you check-in. Online check-in doesn't mean you're all set to go. It speeds it up quite a bit, though. WDW was experimenting this summer with an advanced online check-in (by invitation, at certain resorts), but even then, guests had to be seen on arrival at the resort by a person with an ipad and (I think) show ID. However, those guests could skip the lobby experience. Hope this system will expand. Could it expand to the point of checking in at a park entrance instead of visiting your resort first? Disney Parks (the theme parks) and Disney Travel (the resorts) are two separate units of Disney. It'd be interesting to see how far Disney would be willing to go with complete lobby-less check-in.

Even if your room isn't ready when you arrive, you can drop off your bags with Bell Services. You'll be notified by email or text later in the day when your room is ready, and what the room number is. Your MagicBands will open the door without stopping by the lobby. After you're done at the parks, you can call from your room to have your bags sent up, or go to Bell Services and retrieve them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter