Can I check our stroller with luggage

disney92013

Earning My Ears
Can we check our stroller with luggage....I have a double stroller that I am likely taking to the parks but don't really need for the cruise. Hoping I won't have to lug it around on embarkation day and I can just send it with our luggage...planning to store it under the bed and not mess with it again until we arrive home. We hope to do onboard check-in for our flight and again just send the stroller with our luggage on disembarkation day. Will this work...messing with that double stroller is a real pain but I fear necessary for our park day before the cruise. What do you think...is this a workable plan???

Can we check our stroller with luggage....I have a double stroller that I am likely taking to the parks but don't really need for the cruise. Hoping I won't have to lug it around on embarkation day and I can just send it with our luggage...planning to store it under the bed and not mess with it again until we arrive home. We hope to do onboard check-in for our flight and again just send the stroller with our luggage on disembarkation day. Will this work...messing with that double stroller is a real pain but I fear necessary for our park day before the cruise. What do you think...is this a workable plan???

Absolutely, just be aware that they are not gentle with bags or other items. It may get banged around.

MJ

You are free to check your stroller. Just know that luggage is not treated in a gentle manner so there is the possibility of damage.

Do you have a stroller bag? I would recommend it if you don't. It will be easier for the handlers and you can also stuff a few last minute things in there along with the stroller if needed. This is especially helpful when flying in this era of baggage fees, as there is generally no charge for a checked stroller when flying, and you can also gate check it if needed.

I wonder if that double stroller will fit the gangway when you load?

Otherwise, I would just bring it along. If not moving kids, I would load it with luggage (carry-ons) and save your back.

I don't know how long you will be a the parks, but you could always rent one there and not have to worry about it for the cruise...

I agree with the previous person, it may be worth it to rent a stroller if you will only be in the park a couple of days.

I know when we travel with our two little ones, between all the luggage (checked and carry on) and car seats we end up with our hands full. Also I don't know what brand of stroller you have, but our double stroller is bulky. Its been 2 years since our last cruise, but if memory serves me correctly, the space under the bed would not be enough for that large of an item.

another vote for rent stroller at the park .... very easy and they have about 1,456,798 of them . . . .

messing with that double stroller is a real pain but I fear necessary for our park day before the cruise

For one day at the parks there is absolutely no way I would deal with a double stroller. Just rent one.

Thank you all so much for sharing your wisdom....I am really thinking it may be a good idea to just rent the stroller for the park days (1.5)....I am just so codependent with my stroller since having twins (age 4 now)....it has truly been for 4 years the only way I could manage 2 babies/toddlers (plus their sister) safely....I just fear the walk back to the resorts with 3 very tired kids.....ahhhhh what to do....?????

what kind of stroller is it? we went on the fantasy two years ago with 4 year old twins plus a two year old. We brought the maclaren twin techno stroller which folds up. We stuck it in the closet. I will note that we had two staterooms so we had enough room. it fits on the gangway with no problems at all.

Thank you all so much for sharing your wisdom....I am really thinking it may be a good idea to just rent the stroller for the park days (1.5)....I am just so codependent with my stroller since having twins (age 4 now)....it has truly been for 4 years the only way I could manage 2 babies/toddlers (plus their sister) safely....I just fear the walk back to the resorts with 3 very tired kids.....ahhhhh what to do....?????

You don't have to do an in-park rental -- check out an offsite rental. Then you would have it for getting to/from the resort as well. The "featured" vendors are allowed to drop-off and pick-up with Bell Services, other vendors will arrange to meet you in person.

Enjoy your land and sea vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter