• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I cancel the first 2 days of an online reservation ??

Discomom703

Earning My Ears
Booked my reservation in Aulani... but realized that we will have to cancel the first 2 days Do i just have to call MS and have them cancel my first 2 days or will I have to cancel the entire reservation and start all over again?? Its night time here in LA.. and i will have to get up at 4:59 to get this all done -- before a 7 am shift.. ugh!

Question #2: waitlist question on authorizing to borrow -will DVC take my old points first??

If i was able to confirm my 1st 3 studio nights at total 66 points; then I made a waitlist reservation and says if gets confirmed and replaces the old existing booking -- (at greater than 31 days cancel) , will i have to borrow points or will they take the 66 points from an earlier reservation and use that (instead of borrowing from my next UY points).. even though I authorized them to borrow if they need to.. otherwise my waitlist request is cancelled..

hope this my scenario is clear.. :headache:

Send MS a contact through the member website to cancel the days. Just be clear with your instructions. You will not need to cancel the reservation.

:earsboy: Bill

Booked my reservation in Aulani... but realized that we will have to cancel the first 2 days Do i just have to call MS and have them cancel my first 2 days or will I have to cancel the entire reservation and start all over again?? Its night time here in LA.. and i will have to get up at 4:59 to get this all done -- before a 7 am shift.. ugh!
You can't cancel individual nights online. This is usually done over the phone. As Bill indicates, though, you can send a request through the member web site. (Click the "Contact Member Services" link.) Be sure to include the same identifying information they ask for when you call Member Services, and be very explicit with the request.

Question #2: waitlist question on authorizing to borrow -will DVC take my old points first??

If i was able to confirm my 1st 3 studio nights at total 66 points; then I made a waitlist reservation and says if gets confirmed and replaces the old existing booking -- (at greater than 31 days cancel) , will i have to borrow points or will they take the 66 points from an earlier reservation and use that (instead of borrowing from my next UY points).. even though I authorized them to borrow if they need to.. otherwise my waitlist request is cancelled.
It must be clear in the waitlist request that what you are waitlisting is replacing what you already have booked, and is not in addition to this existing reservation. If that's the case, they will cancel the existing reservation first, then re-use those points toward the new booking. It never hurts to specifically say this is what you want, tough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter