can I call uber and be picked up at BC?

They really shouldn't have a problem at the security gate. They'll probably need to show ID and just state they are picking someone up. A friend of mine picked us up at POP last trip, and I had asked the front desk about calling an Uber (as we had planned to use it, but that plan changed) and she said it was no problem. I wouldn't expect any problems really.

Can you schedule Uber online or how far ahead for pick up / drop off?

You schedule your trips through the mobile app on your mobile phone. There is an Uber website, however it is just for history purposes, profile editing, etc. From what I have seen, you cannot schedule Uber rides through their website.

You schedule a pick up when you are ready actually. I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a ride to arrive. Usually it's within under 10 minutes.

We are at Disney World right now. We took Uber from the Caribbean to universal and then back to Port Orleans French Quarter. Now problems at all. We loved our first experience. Signed up as a new customer. We paid $2 on the way to universal and 0 on the way back. We both signed up. Highly recommend it.
I don't understand the pricing for Uber. $2 on the way and 0 on the way back?

You schedule your trips through the mobile app on your mobile phone. There is an Uber website, however it is just for history purposes, profile editing, etc. From what I have seen, you cannot schedule Uber rides through their website.

You schedule a pick up when you are ready actually. I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a ride to arrive. Usually it's within under 10 minutes.
This is good to know. Maybe I will use Uber to get to/from Universal. I just like the freedom with a taxi so when I feel like leaving, I can leave. With the buses through Dreams Unlimited, they don't run from 10am-3pm. I plan on being picked up an hour before the park opens.

You do not have to be staying at a resort to have a car pick you up there. Yes you can have Uber pick you up at BC.

Had a friend staying at AKL who had a car pick her up at Boardwalk.

There are no guards on the walk from International Gateway. The only way you would encounter guards is if you drove into the resort.

Okay - so I can schedule the pick up through an app on my iPhone?
But I should have a profile with them set up ahead of time, correct?

Okay - so I can schedule the pick up through an app on my iPhone?
But I should have a profile with them set up ahead of time, correct?

When you download the app to your iPhone, you set everything up right then and there. Your profile, take a picture of your debit/credit card and you are good to go.

You then just do a Fare Estimate to see how much the ride will cost from where you are to where you want to go.

Schedule the pick up and you will receive a text on when your driver will pick you up. You can even watch the on screen display in the app as the driver arrives at your location. They have a picture of the driver as well as the make and model of the car they are driving.

I'd really like to use Uber on our upcoming trip...to take us to Universal/IOA, like many of you've said previously. We will need them really early in the morning, like, they need to pick us up at 6am. Are they reliable that early? I'm sure they are, I just feel nervous about it since it's such a critical day for us that starts very early. We have to be there early to check in at Royal Pacific, get our EPs and for early entry (it opens at 8am the day we're there).

I think I've read over all the Uber threads but I don't recall reading an answer to an early AM question.

I'm *almost* convinced to use them, lol!!

When you download the app to your iPhone, you set everything up right then and there. Your profile, take a picture of your debit/credit card and you are good to go.

You then just do a Fare Estimate to see how much the ride will cost from where you are to where you want to go.

Schedule the pick up and you will receive a text on when your driver will pick you up. You can even watch the on screen display in the app as the driver arrives at your location. They have a picture of the driver as well as the make and model of the car they are driving.
Awesome!! Will they take families of 5 do you think? Anyone experience this?

I'm an uber fan for the reasons mentioned here. In addition, about half of the times I use cabs in WDW, the credit card machine conveniently doesn't work. Rather than tell me that, the driver pretends like it's working, asks me if I'm sliding the card correctly before he says, "do you have cash?" I complained once. Now I vote with my wallet.

Every time I have used Uber or Lyft the drivers pick me up in nice clean cars, are very pleasant, are very talkative, and are a great value. Last time I took a regular cab the car smelled like an ash tray, the driver barely spoke English, and they long hauled me. So yes to say that I am a fan of Uber and Lyft is an understatement.

^THIS

Not to mention that if you're in a place (not necessarily Disney) where cabs are hard to flag down, Uber is infinitely more convenient. I was in NYC shortly after Hurricane Sandy, when a majority of taxis were out of commission, and it was nearly impossible to find a taxi outside of midtown. That was the first time I used Uber, and now I almost exclusively use them wherever it's available. It's a much more pleasant experience.

Wow! I can't believe I haven't heard about this before. Why would anyone ever take a regular cab again!? Sounds almost to good to be true.
There are down sides (some serious) to uber, too. I'm not going to get into a debate, just suggest you look into it before using it. Folks who do either accept the risks or don't know about them.

Wow! I can't believe I haven't heard about this before. Why would anyone ever take a regular cab again!? Sounds almost to good to be true.

The investors who have millions of dollars tied up in taxi medallions won't take Uber or Lyft. These investment syndicates would buy taxi medallions in cities like NY and LA and would prey on immigrants that needed them to drive a cab. Their investments have been decimated and are doing everything they can to hold on against the Uber onslaught.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter