Can I bring my own coffee maker to Pop Century?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cgcruz, May 16, 2007.

1. cgcruz

cgcruz In Disney Bliss

I'm guessing a fridge would be alright because of the fridge swap threads. I'll pbbly either pay the extra $10 a night or buy a cheap one at walmart since I can't find available dates. Can I bring my own cheap small coffee maker? What about a toaster? Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ANTSS2001

ANTSS2001 <font color=deeppink>Talented Poet<br><font color=

4. gk90

gk90 Mom to Sorcerer Mickey fan and Donald's #1 fan!

We've been thinking of bringing a small coffee maker too, so I hope it's allowed!

5. cgcruz

cgcruz In Disney Bliss

Thanks! What about a small toaster? Of course, there was one when we stayed at the boardwalk Villas Studios, but not sure if it wouldn't be allowed at Pop Century.

6. ANTSS2001

ANTSS2001 <font color=deeppink>Talented Poet<br><font color=

before you plan to bring your coffee maker... fridge and what nots.. check the budget board.. there is an on going fridge swap, coffee maker swap.. and alot more... good luck!!!:thumbsup2

7. Boncho

Boncho DIS Veteran

Yes, you are allowed to take your own coffee maker. I take one of the small two cup travel coffee makers every year.:thumbsup2

8. Bev J

Bev J DIS Veteran

We will probably bring our small 4 cupper and the pre filtered packs. Make sure you use bottled water to make the coffee, the water is horrible and makes equally horrible coffee!!

Bev

9. canron

canron DIS Veteran

we bought a coffee maker at walmart for $9.99. and used it every day ..got coffee at the store..and when we went home..left it for the maid..it was a small 2 cup thing..it worked great..

10. mickeymouseclubhouse

mickeymouseclubhouse DIS Veteran

Don't forget to bring a power strip along to plug everything in to! Also, a baby's best friend(abbf.com) rents out small refrigerators and delivers free to all resorts. We're renting one from them for $55 for 8 nights, saves a little money instead of spending $10 a night and costing us $80 for the week! :goodvibes

11. gk90

gk90 Mom to Sorcerer Mickey fan and Donald's #1 fan!

Thanks for the tips! Adding to trip list: power strip, small Brita pitcher & filter, bottled water.

Another question some of you might know the answer to: according to Unofficial Guide, the lighting at Pop is really dim, is it bad enough for us to think of bringing a mini-lamp?

12. Boncho

Boncho DIS Veteran

I have never noticed the lighting to be dim.:confused3

13. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Leave the toaster at home since toasters are notorious for overheating or burning the toast. And causing fires. There should be a toaster in the food court that you can use.

14. Boncho

Boncho DIS Veteran

There is a toaster by where you fill up your refillable mugs; it's one of those conveyor type toasters not a pop down.

15. canron

canron DIS Veteran

there is a toaster in the food court and a microwave..as well as toaster oven..never lined up from what iv seen..iv used it to worm up pizza at night.

16. GoofyTraci

GoofyTraci DIS Veteran

i dont see why you can't bring whatever you want to the resort as long as it doesnt hurt you or anyone else. Have fun.:thumbsup2

17. happymommy

happymommy DIS Veteran

That I would love to agree with (loaned an incoming family to Hawaii my electric skillet for their room when we were military, but totally against the rule) BUT... if you are caught with actual cooking appliances in a hotel room, you will be asked to leave. It is a fire hazard (okay I know that a lot of people even use their "George Foreman" grills or hot pots etc).

If you do bring in cooking appliances, I'd definitely put them away when it's housekeeping time.