Can I book a regular Room using DVC Points at BC?

nco91590

DIS Veteran
Hi there! Quick question.....

DH and I are staying at BC for our 10 year anniversary trip in February. When I booked I thought the rooms would be updated by then. Because we're not taking the kids we're going to be spending more time in the resort and in our room and are not interested in hearing construction noise during the day.

Can I request an already renovated standard room in the main hotel instead of in the Villas? Is that something that should be done ahead of time or at check in?

Thank you!

Can you request a renovated villa? Sure, but no guarantees.
Can you request a renovated room on the hotel side? No.
Can you book a renovated room on the hotel side? If you purchased direct or have grandfathered points, yes. But it will cost you 41 points per night, as opposed to 15 points per night in a villa (for a low season studio).

So, for all intents and purposes, I'd say, "No."

Can you request a renovated villa? Sure, but no guarantees.
Can you request a renovated room on the hotel side? No.
Can you book a renovated room on the hotel side? If you purchased direct or have grandfathered points, yes. But it will cost you 41 points per night, as opposed to 15 points per night in a villa (for a low season studio).

So, for all intents and purposes, I'd say, "No."
Can you clarify this for me? I am renting points from someone who "owns" at BC (meaning their home resort). Is it possible to use points to stay on the BC regular hotel side? Not sure what you meant by purchased direct/grandfathered points...Thanks!

You will use a lot more points staying in the hotel side using DVC points. Your better off using dvc points for a studio stay in the dvc side.

You will use a lot more points staying in the hotel side using DVC points. Your better off using dvc points for a studio stay in the dvc side.
THanks. When I booked the room it was when the rooms were to have been refurbished. I won't say in the rooms in their current condition - décor etc. so I am going to switch resorts but thought I would check if possible to if bookable at hotel......

Can you clarify this for me? I am renting points from someone who "owns" at BC (meaning their home resort). Is it possible to use points to stay on the BC regular hotel side? Not sure what you meant by purchased direct/grandfathered points...Thanks!
It's not possible to switch to the resort side with the reservation you booked...as a pp mentioned the points to book at the hotel side are way more that the DVC side and even if you were willing to pay more for the point increase the owner you booked from may or may not have the additional points to switch for you...and there is also a $95 fee

DVC and Disney hotels are completely separate entities. Members own the rooms on the villas side. That's what you rented. If you want a room on the hotel side, it will cost you about three times as much for the same room type.

They had to have bought their membership through Disney directly. Resale purchases after 3/21/2011 are not eligible for non-DVC Disney hotels; resales before that date are "grandfathered", meaning the rules in place before that date apply.

With the far greater number of points required, in many cases it's unlikely the owners would either want or be able to rent enough points to stay in the hotel side assuming they had points that qualified.

So, it's not just a request to stay in the hotel rather than the villas and any other questions about changes would depend upon the owner.

Thanks everyone for your answers! So essentially I'm better off booking at another DVC resort than asking for a studio on the hotel side. Got it!

Thanks everyone for your answers! So essentially I'm better off booking at another DVC resort than asking for a studio on the hotel side. Got it!

The hotel section does not have studios. They have resort rooms with two queen beds, some have a king bed. As others said it is two completely different scenarios.

Not sure what dates you are going BUT Feb 2016 for most resorts has limited availability, if you are going to make a change I would decide soon.

THanks. When I booked the room it was when the rooms were to have been refurbished. I won't say in the rooms in their current condition - décor etc. so I am going to switch resorts but thought I would check if possible to if bookable at hotel......

If you have completed the rental transaction you might be limited in your options to change. You best get with the person you are renting from immediately and see if that is possible.

If you have completed the rental transaction you might be limited in your options to change. You best get with the person you are renting from immediately and see if that is possible.

I was thinking the same thing. Be aware that at the seven month window - and depending on what you want to switch to - rooms may not be available or the rooms you want to switch to may be more points than the owner you know can provide. (i.e. the Poly, GFV or BLT are a lot more points than the BCV, and your owner may not have the extra points - or may be planning to use them himself)

I might also reset your expectations. DVC rooms - even fresh redone DVC rooms - are not as nice as Disney Deluxe rooms - they get worn fast with much higher occupancy rates and less maintenance. We've been in rooms redone less than a year before with torn curtains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter