Can I back out??

robinbutterfly

DIS Veteran
I am getting cold feet. I want to back out of my verbal agreement I have with a DVC.
Can I back out?? Nothing has been signed? Has anyone back out before? I wonder how the company would handle it.

Yes, you can back out. How long has it been? I think you have 10 days and if you haven't signed anything or given them any money........just tell them you've changed your mind. They can handle it.

I backed out 3 times before we actually bought :)

Most CM's are really cool about it.

Is this because you feel you aren't getting the best deal, like you said in your other thread?

Just looking at TSS, while I do see contracts below 65 per point, either they are for WAY more points than 140 (you mentioned 140 banked in your other thread so I'm assuming it's for around that price) so ultimately it would cost more, or they don't have banked points you can use.

I'm no expert in this, but if this contract works for you and your wallet liked the price a few days before, and you can use it, etc etc, I wouldn't necessarily back out. What if you back out, and by the time you can put another offer in, all the lower point cost contracts are gone?

Anyway, do the math like was suggested by someone on your other thread, so it's more of an objective decision...that's what I would do, at least. Though what do I know; we bought Bay Lake through Disney (and financed). I'm certainly not THE best one to give advice on this, LOL.

Yes, you can back out of the verbal agreement. Nothing has been signed so there's nothing for them to hold you to.

If you're looking for better deals, you might want to look somewhere other than TSS. There are four major resale brokers (including TSS) check them all out. Someone told me (and this is second-hand info so I took it with a grain of salt) that TSS will sometimes buy some of the listings rather than have their sellers sell for low prices.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I've literally just completed the process.

Cancel the transaction, take a deep breath and decide what you want to do. Take as much time as you need. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

I see a BWV listed at $57/pt. on a DVC resales site I can't post. It is stripped but there are no MF's due. Could work for you.

If you aren't sure- now is the best time to back out! It is a long term commitment. When you are ready to buy- you will know it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter