• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I apply SW credit towards EBCI?

popriv

Mouseketeer
Switched to less expensive flights so I have about $30 in WS credit that I probably won't use… Can I apply this towards the purchase of EBCI ?? waiting for a response from SW…

pop

I had tried and wasn't able to. But I've seen posts of it being done. I don't see anything online that lets you use a credit, maybe you have to call? But once you call, doesn't it mean you can't change your reservation online? Read that on flyertalk.

Post back when you hear from them!

Based on what I've read here and on flyertalk, the only payment accepted for EBCI is a credit card. You cannot use travel funds and you cannot even use a Southwest gift card. Please let us know if Southwest tells you something different!

I just booked a flight (yesterday) using travel funds and couldn't use it toward EBCI! You cannot use SWA gift cards either, only credit card. Hope this helps :)

Here it is...

Thanks for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

When plans change, we allow our Customers to have full use of the travel funds for 12 months from the original purchase date as long as the reservation is cancelled at least ten minutes prior to departure. Travel funds can only be applied to a new reservation for the original ticketed Passenger. Funds may not be used for baggage fees; Southwest Vacation Packages; or to purchase Rapid Reward Points, southwestgiftcards, EarlyBird Check-In, inflight alcoholic beverages, and hotel/car rental reservations.

It's our pleasure to answer your e-mail, and we hope to have the opportunity to see you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Thanks for reporting back on this. It would be nice if we could use our travel funds for things other than just a new reservation but I can understand why they don't allow it. As it is, Southwest is one of the most generous airlines when it comes to allowing passengers to rebook a flight when the price goes down, even when we book a non-refundable fare.

Thanks again for the update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter