Can I add GC's to account at check-in to use to offset charging privileges?

tiredsigh

Mouseketeer
We have about $550 in Disney GC'S that we don't want to carry around the parks. Can we put them on our account at check-in and ask them to offset any magic band charges against those first before charging our card?

I don't believe they allow you to put them on as a credit on the account before charging. But you can charge your stuff back and then go down each day or every few days and settle the balance with the gift cards.

They don't charge the credit card on file until you've reached your spending limit for your resort tier.

No, just charge everything to your room, then use the GC's to pay your bill. I believe the limit for mod's is $1000. I would just go to the desk after 2-3 days and ask for your bill. You can then give them enough GC's to settle.

Yep, charge everything on your magic band. Go to front desk and pay off. Very easy, no hassles. At check in, I told the CM i wanted to use cash and gc's. She blocked my card on hold to not have express checkout. That way nothing went on my credit card. I just went up at check out to settle up the last minute purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter