• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I add an extra person + tix/dining plan at the last minute?

MackenzieFL

Mouseketeer
Hi friendly Disney lovers, maybe you can help.

Here's my dilemma. I usually just camp at Ft. Wilderness so staying in an actual room w/ a dining plan is new to us.

We are thinking about going to Port Orleans in Sept... would like to book 5 or 6 nights, park tickets, + dining plans quick service.

I have an adult daughter (college age) looking for a job... while I can always book her in our room, I hate to pay for tix & dining plan just in case she gets a job and is not able to take off work.

So if we book the room and get our tix & dining plan, can I book her tix & a dining plan later? Or will I not be able to do that because the room is already booked? Like do I *have* to book hers with ours, or can I just add hers on later?

Hope I'm being clear, this Disney-speak seems to be like a new language to me. Thanks.

Once your daughter's name is on the reservation, she will automatically have the same tickets and dining plan as everyone. However, you can wait and add her when you're certain she will be able to come. You can add her any time up until 3 days before your arrival day if you want her included in your package.

If by last minute you mean within a day or two of your arrival or even at check in - you can still add her to the room, but it will be too late for tickets or dining - these will have to be purchased OOP.

One more thing: if you make any changes to your package within 45 days of arrival that result in a lower total cost, you can be charged a $50 change fee.

Thanks so much Kim. 3 days is way more than enough time. Basically if she doesn't have a job within a week of the trip she can just come with us and get back to hitting the want ads when we return.

I'm hoping she will have a job long before September and will know her situation with whether or not she can take days off. I just wasn't sure if I'd be able to add a person at a different time or not.

Although paying out of pocket wouldn't be terrible. As long as she can use our room.

Just saw your other post about camping vs room and you mentioned being a family of 4 (or 5) if your adult daughter comes. You won't be able to add your daughter if you exceed the room capacity so be sure to book a room that will allow 5 unless one person in your family is 2 or younger.

Thanks again for your response again.

As I understand it, some Port Orleans room sleep 4 + have a bunk for a small child... I have a small child, but not under 2.

I figured a child under 2 wouldn't use a 'bunk', no? There are pictures of it online and there's no safety rails so it looks like it's made for over 2 yrs old. I checked reviews and a bunch of people said they've slept 5 in those PO rooms.

I check about reserving a room online with 3 adults (me, hubby, daughter) + 2 children, Port Orleans was the only option and actually cheaper than the family suits at All-Star Music.

That's good. There are some rooms at Port Orleans that only sleep 4 so I didn't want you to book that room category and then find out you couldn't add your daughter at a later date. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter