Can Home School Kids go to Grad Nite?

Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan

<font color=blue>Identifies with Pumbaa's Flatulen
It's a simple question. I have a young friend or two that are home school seniors that are bugging me to death now that they know who's performing. TIA

I'm sure it depends on your particular school. Here with the right paperwork seniors can bring a friend. My son went as a guest when he was a junior. I had to sign permission forms.

Yes, the best place to get an answer is from the school administrators.

My son's school won't even allow the kids to bring dates from other schools to dances, so my son never gets to bring his girlfriend. :(

As a homeschool Mom I wondered this when we were at WDW during a Grad Night Weekend. I asked the CM's who were clearing out the MK on the evening of the Party just that question. They said absolutely! They register as homeschoolers and are more than welcome as Seniors. I believe that the homeschooled seniors are required to bring one chaperon with them. You can read more at the Official Disney Site...note that the application includes a box to check for all type of schools including homeschoolers. Here is a link to the youth programs available at Disney. http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.com/wdyp/home

Have a wonderful, magical, disney day!
Only 6 days till WDW!

DD graduated this past June and we took her to WDW as an early graduation present in April. It turned out our trip overlapped Grad Nites so I called Disney and asked if we would be able to go. They had no problem selling us tickets (me,DH & DD) and they just registered us as "homeschoolers". It was a great night and a lot of fun!

As a homeschooling mom I have to say that is really good to hear!

I attended Grad Night three times when I was a teen-ager and LOVED it!

Kristen

I went to grad nite at US and HATED it! There were way too many people there- I've been to the parks Thanksgiving weekend, and this was worse. Other issue is that when you get that many hyped up high schoolers together, there were ridiculous cases of line jumping and blatant rudeness. I don't know if Disney handles it better, but I think that'll just happen whenever you get that many 18 year olds who are all the center of their own worlds together. For the record, I'm only 19, but I thought it was just horrible. If I had a homeschooled senior, I'd plan a trip at a different time, or just go to a concert with whoever's performing if they'd prefer. I know I would have enjoyed that better.

We thought Disney did a great job of keeping things under control on grad nite. We didn't see any fights, line jumping etc. It was very loud though! The queue for Space Mtn however, was almost unbearable with all the shouting and noise! The events were spread throughout the park so the crowds weren't bad at any one area. It was a lot of fun seeing the fab5 in their cap and gowns (we got a pic of DD and Mickey made into her grad party invites) hearing DD's favorite bands consecutively on one stage and the fireworks were very cool as they were set to the top hits of the 2007-08
school year. I would highly recommend going!

Excellent news! I think that Aunt Lindy just got talked into playing chaperon. Not that it was that hard to do, since I do like a lot of the performing artists. I am not sure just yet as to who is more excited. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter