Can GM employees still get special passes at Test Track?

nan1217

Mouseketeer
I know at one time GM employees could show their employee ID at Test Track and get what was essentially a FastPass for that ride.

Any idea if that's still something GM employees can do?

Exactly how does this work? Do I just have to show my id and we go through the fass pass line???

When we were before the refurbishment you go into a special door located near where everyone else would enter the ride normally. Once you get in there is a camera and a person will ask you to show your gm id and then let you in the elevator. When you get off the elevator you check in at the desk and there is refreshments and a large window that looks down into the ride and also a wall of windows that look out over the park. Once you are ready to ride they will send you through a door and you come out right at the loading of the ride and get right on. It's a great perk for gm employees!

When we were before the refurbishment you go into a special door located near where everyone else would enter the ride normally. Once you get in there is a camera and a person will ask you to show your gm id and then let you in the elevator. When you get off the elevator you check in at the desk and there is refreshments and a large window that looks down into the ride and also a wall of windows that look out over the park. Once you are ready to ride they will send you through a door and you come out right at the loading of the ride and get right on. It's a great perk for gm employees!

I am almost positive that the lounge area you described is now only accessible for GM executives and not all GM employees. I think GM employees may just get the ability to jump ahead in line.

did we ever find out what exactly happens?

We just show our ID and then........?

go upstairs, get refreshments, look out through the windows then down the backway to test track....

or is it just down the backway to the test track to skip the line?

thanks

I am almost positive that the lounge area you described is now only accessible for GM executives and not all GM employees. I think GM employees may just get the ability to jump ahead in line.

Wait so are you saying that all of that wasn't sarcastic talk? That's a real thing?

It used to be if you used the perk on weekends when the lounge was closed you would enter thru the gift shop and there was a desk in the car area you could go to. You would be taken in thru a back door skipping the whole queing area and put on the ride. I have no idea how it is now but if the lounge is not open to employees maybe that is how you skip the line.

In 2012 Easter week the lounge was still open but the receptionist told us she had lost her job effective after Easter and the lounge would not be accessable. My DH is no longer a GM employe so I don't know what is happening but current GM employees should be able to access that info online, they used to offer discounted park tix as well, although they were limited options and never a better price than UCT.

Fond memories of the lounge, especially the last visit when we were allowed to bring DS and eight of his fellow band members upstairs for a cold drink, cool off and rest before riding. For a brief moment we were the cool parents. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter