can gift cards from the Disney store be used in Disneyworld?

lindanj

Mouseketeer
My sister wants to get the kids giftcards from the disney store to use to buy souveniers during our April trip to WDW. Does anyone know if the gift cards from the Disney store can also be used in WDW?

If they say "Disney Store" the answer is no. If they just say "Disney" the answer is yes.

Yes, they can be used just about anywhere at Disney including even paying for your hotel stay I think! The only place they cant are at the Kiosk stands and not sure if you can use them at the restaurants at the parks? Just ask at the Disney Store and they can give you all the details im sure.

My sister wants to get the kids giftcards from the disney store to use to buy souveniers during our April trip to WDW. Does anyone know if the gift cards from the Disney store can also be used in WDW?

Make sure she does NOT buy the gift card that can only be used in the gift store- there are different cards

You can NOT use Disney Store gift cards in disney world parks

the Disney gift cards from target work at Disney, right?

I'm paying for my whole trip with $50 gift cards purchased at Target (5% Red Card discount). Every time I have some spare time, I log onto MDE to apply payments from a few cards from my stack. I'm coming up on the due date for payment-in-full, so I better get going at a faster rate! :rotfl:

I'm paying for my whole trip with $50 gift cards purchased at Target (5% Red Card discount). Every time I have some spare time, I log onto MDE to apply payments from a few cards from my stack. I'm coming up on the due date for payment-in-full, so I better get going at a faster rate! :rotfl:

Fantastic idea!!!pixiedust:

We did that for our trip in June. It makes quite a difference with a 7-day trip.

What's the difference between a Disney Gift Card and Disney Store Gift card? I bought a Disney Gift Card at the Disney store that says on the back "Disneyworld" "Disneyland" etc.

I would like to know also. What can i use Disney gift cards bought from Target or Sams club for at Disneyworld? Restaurants, shops, Downtown Disney, or even outside of Disneyworld?

I would like to know also. What can i use Disney gift cards bought from Target or Sams club for at Disneyworld? Restaurants, shops, Downtown Disney, or even outside of Disneyworld?

I bought many many GC from Sams (about a 5% discount) and used them to pay for our hotel, dining, magic memory, tickets etc. It did take some time to type in all those codes, though, as they were each for $50! On just the initial purchase, though, it saved almost $200, so worth it! I'll grab more before we leave to use in the park - they say everywhere that they apply on the back of the package, just make sure you are getting ones that are valid for your desired location.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...Disney gift cards bought in Canada DO NOT work in the parks...:worried:

I can't recall this, but do all the restaurants and stores at Downtown Disney accept gift cards OR allow you to charge back to your room?

We used Disney Gift cards at the kiosks at the Food and Wine Festival last year... Worked beautifully :) Not sure if FW kiosks are special for taking the cards though...

We had free dining on our trip last year but used Disney gift cards from Target to pay for all of our tips at table service restaurants. Used them at parks, resorts, and DTD with no problems whatsoever! It was a great way to avoid extra room charges while also keeping credit card numbers secure. Plan to do the same thing next trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter