Can friends staying at another Disney resort visit us for pool time at our resort?

PrincessDreams2

Mouseketeer
This is not a pool hopping question, and I am not trying to get into a debate. We are doing a split stay in August at BC and GF. I have two other families coming to meet up with us, and they will also be on the property, most likely one of the Values. They are only staying one or two nights and will not be getting park tickets. We would like to spend an afternoon with the kids by the pool (we all have toddlers) but not sure how to go about doing this since we will not be at the same resorts. Any thoughts? Thanks.

PrincessDreams2 said:
This is not a pool hopping question, and I am not trying to get into a debate. We are doing a split stay in August at BC and GF. I have two other families coming to meet up with us, and they will also be on the property, most likely one of the Values. They are only staying one or two nights and will not be getting park tickets. We would like to spend an afternoon with the kids by the pool (we all have toddlers) but not sure how to go about doing this since we will not be at the same resorts. Any thoughts? Thanks.

It is a pool hopping question. They would like to hop from their pool at their value resort to the pool at either GF or BC. Strictly speaking pool hopping is not allowed especially to BC. However, you can ask the desk at check in.

The entire BC pool area is fenced. You need a room key to get in. There is a very nice beach area outside the BC, looking towards the Boardwalk. It's public and has some chairs. I've never seen it busy. You could bring some sand toys for the kids and let them play. Just keep them out of the water. You could make an ADR for Beaches and Cream, or maybe do the character B/fast in the BC. You can also stroll around the boardwalk, or maybe go over to the mini golf course near the Swan/Dolphin.

If they are driving over, the parking limit is 2 hours for non-resort guests.

You could all buy water park tickets for one of the water parks. TL has a very nice area for little kids. We spend hours there when my dd was small.

Another idea is to meet at FW. You can get the chicken dinner to go and have a picnic or eat at Trails End. FW is nice to wonder around. You can visit the horses in the barn, take the kids on a pony ride, visit the other animals. They also have a small beach with chairs. Again, you can bring the kids beach toys. Just keep them away from the water. We like to take the small boat that goes CR/WL/FW. The entire loop is about 20 minutes. Your kids might like the ride. Visit the camping board to see what's available at FW.

Thank you for the suggestions. We have reservations for dinner one night at the Wilderness Lodge and are planning to spend time at DTD. I was just wondering if they could visit with permission from the front desk, again not trying to hop against the rules.

I'm sorry, but that is exactly what pool hopping is. Swimming at a resort you are not staying at. It is technically not allowed. The only thing you can do is ask right when you are going to swim, as the life guards are the one who says who can stay and who has to go. But as you are wanting extra guests at the most popular pool on Disney property, a NO is very likely.

Planning to spend a day by the pool when you are not staying at the same resort is a bad idea. You really should find something else to do, something besides the one thing Disney says is not allowed.

Perhaps you could join them at their pool? The value pools seldom have a crowding issue....the lifeguards there are most likely able to permit friends join guests at the pool at the value resorts.
Let me put this another way...I own DVC. DVC owners are allowed to pool hop..but there are some pools we are not allowed to hop to....YC/BC's SAB, the AKL pools, BLT and possibly GF pools now.
So.....it wouldn't seem to be okay if others were allowed to do it.

If you want to do a water activity with the kids, I, too, would recommend one of the water parks - BB has a great toddler area. Not a pool, but you could even all bring swimsuits for the children and do the fantastic splash area in Storybook Circus in MK.

Like everyone else has said this is pool hopping and it is against the rules. However, you may be able to do it. I think you can ask at the hotel and they may say yes if the pool is not crowded. The individual cms at the resort seem to be more flexible in practice then the rules would suggest. You'd probably have better luck at the GF then BC. Good luck!

I would be extremely surprised if you were to receive permission to have guests join you at Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club- they are very strict about checking that you are staying at the resort before letting you into the pool area. Rightly so.

But there are 3 quiet pools on the property that are not usually crowded and I think it would be possible for you to spend some time with your friends there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter