Can FP+ times overlap?

sheila <3 WDW

DIS Veteran
I can't remember from my last trip, but can I make 2 different FP+ reservations for 30 minutes apart? I know they are 1 hour windows, but wasn't sure if they can overlap.
Thanks!

The FP reservations I just made overlap. I got a little alert saying they overlap but I was able to make them and keep them.

Hope that helps :)

The FP reservations I just made overlap. I got a little alert saying they overlap but I was able to make them and keep them.

Really? The same person has two FPs that fall within an overlapping time? Or do you mean your time overlaps with someone else in your party?
I have never been able to overlap my own times....

I wasn't able to overlap times, either. PP, I'd double check that it didn't cancel one of those.

When I booked our FP+ I followed a recommendation from a youtube video and picked the initial option farthest from the times I wanted. I then went back in and modified the times one by one. I noticed that it would not show me times that overlapped with my current times. I just made my FP+ the day after easter.

I've gotten that alert before when my FP time overlaps with an ADR, but I've never been able to overlap my own FP times. As PP said, I've been able to overlap times with others in my party, with some people going a little before or after others, but I don't think individual times can overlap.

I can't remember from my last trip, but can I make 2 different FP+ reservations for 30 minutes apart? I know they are 1 hour windows, but wasn't sure if they can overlap.
Thanks!

According to mesaboy's FP thread (which many consider definitive), it's an excellent thread by the way.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fa...list-and-suggested-priorities-part-i.3143281/

Under
FastPass+ General Usage Notes

#12 - The FP+ return windows cannot overlap.

So unless you can take advantage of a glitch in the system, you should not be able to overlap FP+ reservations.

It is true that you cannot preschedule any of your first 3 FP+ to overlap but I would hate for anyone who reads this post or reads Mesaboy's post to think you can't overlap any FP+ reservations. I have on multiple occasions overlapped the rolling FP+ I scheduled. Here is an example from MM+ of a day last May. Note the Space Mountain overlapping times, Buzz and Peter Pan overlap, and Peter Pan and BTMR overlaps.

Overlap.jpg

It is true that you cannot preschedule any of your first 3 FP+ to overlap but I would hate for anyone who reads this post or reads Mesaboy's post to think you can't overlap any FP+ reservations. I have on multiple occasions overlapped the rolling FP+ I scheduled. Here is an example from MM+ of a day last May. Note the Space Mountain overlapping times, Buzz and Peter Pan overlap, and Peter Pan and BTMR overlaps.

View attachment 91077
Is that for multiple MBs? How do you have that many FP+?

Please explain how you got this to work and how did you get so many fastpasses?

By rolling FP+ do you mean the ones you could only schedule at the kiosks after your first 3 prescheduled FP+s. If so, they would not have been originally scheduled overlapping, right? Maybe the first Space was used and then another was immediately available for scheduling? I'm just trying to learn the nuances and capabilities of FP+.

I imagine that, since you're allowed to schedule a new FP each time you use one of your 4+ ones, then if you ride at the beginning of the window and head straight to a kiosk, you can get another one for whatever is available at whatever times are offered ... So if the PP FP is 7:25 to 8:25, but you ride at 7:25 and are off at 7:35 and go to a kiosk and find a FP available for BTMRR for 7:50 - 8:50, You'd be allowed to book it. It overlaps with PP, but PP is no longer an active FP because you used it. But you can't sit down and schedule them that way up
front.

By rolling FP+ do you mean the ones you could only schedule at the kiosks after your first 3 prescheduled FP+s. If so, they would not have been originally scheduled overlapping, right? Maybe the first Space was used and then another was immediately available for scheduling? I'm just trying to learn the nuances and capabilities of FP+.

This is correct, you cannot originally schedule overlapping FP+ for your first three.

However, you can reschedule even those FP+ as you use them. For example, say you have FP+ scheduled for 10:00 - 11:00 and 11:00 - 12:00. If you enter the first line at 10:00, once you pass the second tapstile in the FP line (maybe the first? not sure...), you can go into the app and reschedule your 11:00 FP for, say 10:45, if it is available.

Also, as Lauren described above, once you are starting to use the kiosks to book fourth and subsequent FP+, you can get another as soon as you use one. I did this one night at MK, when I booked a Buzz FP+, used it, then booked another as soon as I was off the ride. So those two FP+ were less than a half hour apart.

I currently have one day on our trip coming up where the fastpasses overlap in the morning. It was done while modifying the fastpasses. I believe it was done using the copy fastpass multiple times front one person to another. I may have even copied from say one person "me" to another person "my wife" then copied from my wife to me again because her times ended up better. It was a multiple step process trying to get TSMM fastpasses to overlap with a group of 6. All 6 in our group have overlapping fastpasses ranging from 20min to 5min.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter