Can DME be used for bags only?

WDWMKFAN

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if it is possible to use DME for your bags, but have a limo pick you up at the airport instead of riding the bus? With all of the negative posts I have been reading about waits for buses, long rides due to multiple stops, etc . . . , I am really hesitant about relying upon this service. However, the idea of not having to lug our bags around the airport when we arrive is very enticing. We are a family of 5 staying for 11 days/ 12 nights. There will definitely be a lot of luggage. We have used Tiffany for all of our previous trips, and nothing beats having a car waiting for you when you arrive. It would be truly "Magic" if we could avoid having to touch our bags after leaving home, without losing the benefit of having a car waiting to whisk us to our resort when we arrive in FL.

This service is only available guests using DME. There are several threads that discuss this providing the official blurb by WDW.

WDWMKFAN said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to use DME for your bags, but have a limo pick you up at the airport instead of riding the bus? With all of the negative posts I have been reading about waits for buses, long rides due to multiple stops, etc . . . , I am really hesitant about relying upon this service. However, the idea of not having to lug our bags around the airport when we arrive is very enticing. We are a family of 5 staying for 11 days/ 12 nights. There will definitely be a lot of luggage. We have used Tiffany for all of our previous trips, and nothing beats having a car waiting for you when you arrive. It would be truly "Magic" if we could avoid having to touch our bags after leaving home, without losing the benefit of having a car waiting to whisk us to our resort when we arrive in FL.

This is copied form the FAQ (Disney's website) on the new Magical Express service:

Can a Guest book a “luggage only” transfer?
No.

If I rent a car, can I still use the luggage delivery component -- or must I take the Disney shuttle in order to have my bags delivered?
Guests must take the Disney's Magical Express motor coach to take advantage of inbound luggage service.

Here's a link to a thread that has the complete FAQ:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=809514&highlight=magical+express+faq

Best wishes -

Actually, if you are having a "Magical Gathering" of ten or more people Disney will transport your luggage and allow you to use other transportation. Friends just did it.

Yes, you can.
Many of our guests at FL TOURS are utilizing this service. You just have to be sure and make aware the DME staff once you reach at Orlando airport. Remember, the primary service of this ME is to handle you luggage.
Andy

Will they let one person in the party take the bus?

For instance, can DH, go on the bus, with all the luggage, and kids and I pick up the rental car, and go on to the resort?

AndyN said:
Yes, you can.
Many of our guests at FL TOURS are utilizing this service. You just have to be sure and make aware the DME staff once you reach at Orlando airport. Remember, the primary service of this ME is to handle you luggage.
Andy

1) Carol posted the FAQ stating Disney doesn't want luggage only transfers,
2) Do you think the line to check in at the Disney Welcome Desk is going to be that much quicker than just getting your luggage?
3) Most of the complaints about ME revolve around the very slow luggage delivery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter