Can anyone tell me about the new Ice Cool Station?

snowglobe girl

<font color=purple>Don't use a map at WDW. Take me
Just curious how they've changed the Ice Cool Station? Has anyone been now that it has been refurbished and can tell me the changes?? Please tell me Watermelon Coke is still there :drinking1 :teeth:

I can answer the last part. Yes, the watermelon is still there.

But I never visited it before the refurbishment, so I can't comment on the exact changes.

It's now pretty brightly lit, with a couple of column type areas that have dispensers on 4 sides (think of big square columns with McDonalds type soda stations on each side, but they aren't really square). Each dispenser has a set of dixie cup type cups there, and you push a button which dispenses that much soda. You can't get less than the dixie cup though, so a lot of it gets thrown away.

They have an area where you can customize a coke bottle with a wrapper for a fee, and you can also buy Coca Cola type souveniers.

Hope this helps.

You get the same basic stuff as Ice Station Cool, it just doesn't have the theme of an arctic expedition. There's no snow cavern, and the floor isn't slippery anymore. The inside is very bright and shiny, but all the soda choices are the same.

I am having trouble posting the pictures I took of the new Ice Station when we were there in Dec. I miss the feeling of walking through the ice cave, but all the same sodas were still there.

I will try and post them again later.

The watermelon coke is good - but my personal favorite is the one no one seems to like, and I don't remember the name of it. It's the drink from Italy - hope it's still there!!!

7/90 off-site
9/96 off-site
7/99 off-site
7/2000 off-site
4/01 off-site
5/04-off-site
5/06 finally going DIS all the way at OKW/SSR!!! :banana: pixiedust: :banana: pixiedust:

gianna2006 said:
The watermelon coke is good - but my personal favorite is the one no one seems to like, and I don't remember the name of it. It's the drink from Italy - hope it's still there!!!

7/90 off-site
9/96 off-site
7/99 off-site
7/2000 off-site
4/01 off-site
5/04-off-site
5/06 finally going DIS all the way at OKW/SSR!!! :banana: pixiedust: :banana: pixiedust:

We refer to it as lighter fluid!! I still can't get the horrible memory of the first taste of that stuff and it was ten years ago. :rotfl2:

Glad someone can appriciate it.

What theme park has this cool station? Also, is the drink from Italy called BRIO?

Ice Cool is in Epcot in Future World. I tried to find Watermelon Coke to buy a couple of year ago, searched all over the internet and you can't buy it anywhere. I can't remember what country it is from, but it isn't imported here. I wish they would sell it at the station. Thanks everyone for all the info!!! Mydisneykids - I'd love to see your pictures if you can get them to post!

Torontogal said:
What theme park has this cool station? Also, is the drink from Italy called BRIO?

Ice Station Cool is at Epcot. It's at the end of the Innoventions building on the right hand side as you're walking toward World Showcase. (I believe it's Innoventions West, but I'm probably wrong)

The one from Italy, I think, is called Beverly. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it is the foulest tasting thing I have ever tasted! Really nasty stuff. It's fun to just watch that dispenser and see the look on people's faces as they taste this stuff.

I had to run over to World Showcase and get a Marguerita to get the taste out of my mouth!

I really miss the 'old' Cool igloo. It was always so refreshing to go into the ice cold when it's so freakin' hot outside!!! Miss the Coca Cola caveman, too. Sigh.....

ICE STATION COOL is, as someone else stated, on the right hand side of the park after you pass the Fountainview Cafe. The Italian Coke product is called Beverly and its actually not used the way we drink Coke here. Its an aperitif. Its usually consumed before a meal to stimulate the appetite. I know this works because when I drink it(and everyone in my family MUST drink it every trip...its just a "thing") all I want to do is eat something really good to get the taste out of my mouth! :teeth:

When we were there over Pres.Day weekend it was open. However, out of the several different flavors that were listed there were several that wern't available. At least 3 of them were either out or? and there were only 6 or 7 flavors. The inside was a lot different, more "Corporate" looking, less personal and fun then the old place. You could get a Coke and have a personalized Coke wrapper/lable put on it for several more $$$'s.
Overall I don't like it as much as the old Ice Station Cool. It wasn't as much fun, and I miss the chance to make a mini snowball and toss it at the kids....

I think it looks pretty boring now. I was really disappointed to see that they no longer have the arctic theme. It's just a room now and that's it. I thought they were refurbishing back to it's original look. We bypass it now.

DaisyD said:
I think it looks pretty boring now. I was really disappointed to see that they no longer have the arctic theme. It's just a room now and that's it. I thought they were refurbishing back to it's original look. We bypass it now.

Ditto. Going into the big igloo was half the fun wasn't it?

We won't be running back there next trip :sad2: It was kind of neat and Beverly was something that everyone should experience once but it isn't a must do for us.

My ds8 handed me a cup of the Beverly soda without telling me which drink it was. He said, "guess which one this is" while pointing to the drink dispenser. I took only a sip and thought it was absolutely disgusting. He said he thought it tasted like medicine. I read that it "stimulates the appetite" and can only reason it does after it makes someone vomit. I felt sick until I could get the taste out of my mouth, throat and stomach!!! We tried to get my husband to try it but after my reaction he just wouldn't go for it.

Hanover said:
My ds8 handed me a cup of the Beverly soda without telling me which drink it was. He said, "guess which one this is" while pointing to the drink dispenser. I took only a sip and thought it was absolutely disgusting. He said he thought it tasted like medicine. I read that it "stimulates the appetite" and can only reason it does after it makes someone vomit. I felt sick until I could get the taste out of my mouth, throat and stomach!!! We tried to get my husband to try it but after my reaction he just wouldn't go for it.

My husband likes the Beverly and looks forward to it each time. LOL
I think it smells like perfume and since I have no desire to eat perfume I can't get the stuff past my lips. I don't MIND the smell though, if I wanted to wear it that is. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter