Can anyone suggest a hotel near University of Buffalo?

Skywalker

Elementary, My Dear Mickey
We are taking the kids to Buffalo for concert in November (to see the Monkees, ha ha!). They are playing the University of Buffalo Theatre for Live Arts or something like that.

We were thinking we'd rather stay the night than do the drive home afterward, get some breakfast and head home in the daylight. Anyone familiar with the Buffalo area able to tell me a good place to stay that would be convenient to this venue?

I'm looking on Trip Advisor but would prefer Dis opinions, especially anyone local or close to.

The area around UB has lots of newer (last 15 years or so) hotels. The Marriott is right across from the campus. Haven't stayed there in a looong time, but Marriotts are usually pretty nice. I knoe thereis also a Homewood Suites close (also by Marriott). DH & I stayed at a Homewood Suites outside of Philadelphia a few weeks ago. I was very impressed. Very clean, spacious, comfortable room with a hot breakfast included.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Main Street in Williamsville about 3 years ago. Again, clean, spacious rooms with continental breakfast included. You would have to get back on the thruway, but it is only about 10 mins total travel time.

Sorry I can't be more help. I am from Western NY, but don't stay at hotels around here very often! :rotfl:

Look into the Indigo. Its right across the street from UB and I send all our out of town visitors (from work) there. I heard the beds are extra comfy! You are thinking of UB Center for the Arts. The indigo is right there as well as several restaurants and stuff. Good place.

I'll second the Indigo..... :goodvibes

Just had some family stay at the Marriott there and they weren't happy at all!

Indigo if you are going to the concert at the concert. DS goes to school with a manager there and we would have them in our silent auction every year. Never heard a bad thing.

If you want to stay away from the University, let us know.

We are getting excited to see Steve Martin next year. DD goes and can get a inexpensive tickets. They really do have a great assortment of shows/entertainment/distinguished speakers.

Have a great time!

Want to thank you all very much!!

Can't wait for November. :banana:

I haven't been to a concert in Buffalo since Jack Wagner in like 1983, lol.

we reserved the hotel Indigo our wedding guests and we had no complaints from any guests. DH also had a hotel room there to be with 'the guys' pre wedding, and he thought that the hotel was really well run with comfortable beds and a good location, he had no complaints and he is a hotel guy who stays in hotels for work every other week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter