Can anyone report on crowd levels this week?

Jlampley

Mouseketeer
I leave in a week and would LOVE to know how the crowds are this week - especially from anyone who has been at this time in the past. I'm wondering if the economy is going to impact this very busy week at Disney.

We were at MK yesterday and today, the difference in crowd level was tremendous!..I spoke to a CM and she said the same thing...it got very busy Saturday afternoon...I guess everyone's planes landed..;)

I leave in a week and would LOVE to know how the crowds are this week - especially from anyone who has been at this time in the past. I'm wondering if the economy is going to impact this very busy week at Disney.

The economy has, so far, not shown up at WDW. Things are as busy as ever. We are going the week of December 6th-12th, and are expecting record crowds, unfortunatley. :sad2:

We just got back today. All week the parks were scary dead - no waits - very little crowds. Yesterday (sat) that really changed and the crowds were around - some FP tickets for rides were even gone by 2pm!

:) It seemed more crowded yesterday than at the end of July for us. The weather is beautiful and hey...we are at Disney!!

so you are going to compare crowd levels the week of thanksgiving to crowd levels during a normal week? or vice versa? that is kinda like asking are the stores at the mall busy today? I was thinking of going shopping this friday (black friday) and I wanna know what the crowds will be like. starting wednesday till the end of the weekend it will be carnival ape crazy. it will taper off the weekend following thanksgiving.

The economy has, so far, not shown up at WDW. Things are as busy as ever. We are going the week of December 6th-12th, and are expecting record crowds, unfortunatley. :sad2:

If it was so dead last week why would it be bad after turkey day?? We leave the 6th and are planing on steady and ok. In the end who cares? What am I going to do? Not have fun?:yay:

Wjy do you think record crowds? According to Touringplans besides Saturday which is the taping of the Christmas Parade it should be 4 and 5s the other day of the week. Pop Warner and Free Dining only affect the restaurants not the parks.

If it was so dead last week why would it be bad after turkey day?? We leave the 6th and are planing on steady and ok. In the end who cares? What am I going to do? Not have fun?:yay:

We arrive the 6th as well and expect moderate crowds. Probably like early/mid May I'm guessing. I was encouraged by the touring plans forecast. Lower than May actually. :goodvibes

so you are going to compare crowd levels the week of thanksgiving to crowd levels during a normal week? or vice versa? that is kinda like asking are the stores at the mall busy today? I was thinking of going shopping this friday (black friday) and I wanna know what the crowds will be like. starting wednesday till the end of the weekend it will be carnival ape crazy. it will taper off the weekend following thanksgiving.

Well...I thought that if, of all weeks of the year, this week showed some impact from the economy, then my week would as well. That's all. Thanks for everyone's input. I'm hoping to get a FP for TSM at lunchtime a week from Friday and that will depend upon crowd levels. Fingers crossed!

Wjy do you think record crowds? According to Touringplans besides Saturday which is the taping of the Christmas Parade it should be 4 and 5s the other day of the week. Pop Warner and Free Dining only affect the restaurants not the parks.

Based on a discussion I had with the reservation agent for DVC, he said all DVC resorts were totally filled.

Last year we visited right after Thanksgiving (November 27-December 12) and all we heard from Cast Members was how low the crowds were compared to Thanksgiving week.

Try to use the Extra Magic Hours to your advantage as best you can.

You're still in Disney, who cares if the place is crawling with people.

Have a great trip, I'll be thinkin' of ya.:santa:

Based on a discussion I had with the reservation agent for DVC, he said all DVC resorts were totally filled.

DVC resorts are ALWAYS filled to capacity during December. December is THE most popular time of the year for DVC with the POSSIBLE exception of F&W. It has relatively no impact on crowd levels in the parks from what I can tell.

Remember that many DVC'ers go to the parks only 2-3 days in a 7 day trip. We're all going again, God willing, and most of us within 6 months. Most of us don't do commando anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter