• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can anyone recommend DTD restaurants?

kandb

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend DTD restaurants? We will be on the ddp (hopefully the free one :lmao:) Thanks

Can anyone recommend DTD restaurants? We will be on the ddp (hopefully the free one :lmao:) Thanks

Wolfgang Puck Express and Ghiradelli are traditions for us. I don't know about ddp, we've always paid oop.

We ALWAYS go to Wolfgang Puck Express and Cooke's of Dublin.
Both would be a great use of counter service credits if you do the dining plan. Raglan Road is very popular too for a table service option.

Many people like Raglan Road, but I would put their food near the bottom of my list. We enjoy the food at House of Blues. It can get very loud, if you're in the main room. The back room is quieter. The food at T-Rex & RFC is consistently good & kids love the atmosphere. It's been quite a while since we ate at Wolfgang Puck Cafe, but we'd return there before Raglan Road. Planet Hollywood is very loud. The portions are huge & the food is edible. If you've never been to one, it can be a novel experience. It definitely wouldn't be one of my first choices. We haven't tried the others.

For counter service on DDP, you can't beat Wolfgang Puck Express.

For a table service, I would go to Raglan Road. My family makes a point of going on every trip. I love the Scallop Forest appetizer. The Fish & Chips and the Guiness stew are both very good entrees. The Dunbrody Kiss is one of my favorite desserts.

For a quick service, I would go either to Cookes of Dublin or Earl of Sandwich. Cookes has lots of good options, especially the Fish & Chips and Scallops (they're very similar to the ones served in Raglan Road). Earl of Sandwich has lots of good sandwich options.

We always go to WPE in the Marketplace for a couple of meals every trip (paying OOP).Cooke's is also good. Both are CS meals if you get the DDP. We love Ghiradelli for ice cream but it is OOP. If you do Raglan Road don't go on a weekend. We went on a Friday and our meal was so so. I know other people who went mid- week and loved it.

DH got one of the best steaks of our trip at RFC (the other was MM). I usually do apps.

We have been to Fulton's Crab House twice for lunch, we loved it. The lobster and shrimp roll sandwich is fantastic, as well as the shrimp po boy. Lunch we just walked in. We went about noon both times, no wait.:dance3:

I enjoyed Raglan Road, but Fulton's is my first choice.

We have gone to Planet Hollywood (didn't really care for it too much- too loud and crowded and had to wait awhile to be seated even with a res)
Rainforest Cafe- decent food kind of loud
T-Rex had really great steaks (according to my guys) but it was very loud and very crowded. We were seated pretty fast but the service was so slow we were there for 2 hours.
House of Blues has good food and good service. We had a 7 pm res and were seated immediately.
That's the only places we have eaten at DTD.

We have been to Fulton's Crab House twice for lunch, we loved it. The lobster and shrimp roll sandwich is fantastic, as well as the shrimp po boy. Lunch we just walked in. We went about noon both times, no wait.:dance3:

I enjoyed Raglan Road, but Fulton's is my first choice.

We had a great lunch at Fulton's on our last trip. I did the 1/2 shrimp po boy with lobster bisque .DH did a salad with shrimp. We went around 12:30 & got seated in a few minutes I think it is 2 TS credits so paying OOP is better at lunch.

We loved Raglan Road. The food, atmosphere, & customer service were great. It was relaxing to sit and eat good food while listening to traditional Irish songs.

I will still stand by our favorite, Paradiso 37..while some will call it mediocre I call it, great, still...and we were just there a few hours ago!!:thumbsup2 It's been a while since our visit prior to tonight and I was a little apprehensive because of some of the mediocre feedback thinking it may have gone downhill but ...no no no:sad2:, it's still as good as ever and even on a crazy day like cinco de mayo!::yes::

I will be posting a review on our dinner from tonight in the next few days, in the meantime feel free to read a review from one of our past trips which is still VERY accurate, food is a bit updated and some things are even better than before (like their spinach queso, to die for!) Loved the enchiladas! And dd had to have her chicken quesadillas again and they're a larger portion than they used to be.

Our Paradiso 37 Dinner Experience

Stay tuned for our review with photos from tonight!:thumbsup2

Rainforest cafe is a must for us! We have eaten at them all over the states and we love them!

Planet Hollywood is also the same situation for us!

Both are great in our eyes!

Fulton's
T-Rex
Wolfgang Puck Express (Best Counter/Quick Service Restaurants on Property) :love:

Raglan Road was terrific! The food was great, atmosphere was fun and our server was amazing.

Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich are both good CS options.

As for TS, I went to the House of Blues with 3 friends in December. None of us enjoyed our food, and I was violently sick after eating there. Never again. Planet Hollywood is also on my list of not to try again - the food was mediocre at best. The food at Rainforest Cafe is all right but the atmosphere is kind of fun, especially for older kids (my 1.5 year old nephew was a bit scared). Raglan Road is usually good, and the dancers are fun to watch, but there can be a long wait even with a reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter