Can anyone recommend a good walking shoe?

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
I'm done buying the "cute" sneakers, I need something that will support my feet for hours of walking (like when we're at WDW) and be kind to my feet as well.

Everytime we go to WDW my feet take a beating!

Help!

Personally I like a good pair of running shoes, Asics being my first choice. For me, they give me the heal cushioning I need and the arch support I need. I haven't had good luck with "walking" shoes for some reason.

Thanks golfgal, maybe that's what I should focus on.

I love Skechers sneakers....they are cute and they are practical.

Blondie, I'd also suggest getting running shoes, but there is no way I could reccommend a specific shoe. I'd only be able to tell you what's worked for me. Ideally you should go to a specialty running store. The employees at the store will videotape and analyze your stride on a treadmill and determine the right type of shoe for you.

I also wanted to add that the specialty running stores don't charge extra for the analysis and their shoe prices are competitive with other sporting goods and shoe stores.

Indyman said:
Blondie, I'd also suggest getting running shoes, but there is no way I could reccommend a specific shoe. I'd only be able to tell you what's worked for me. Ideally you should go to a specialty running store. The employees at the store will videotape and analyze your stride on a treadmill and determine the right type of shoe for you.

I could not agree more!!! I WAS the bliser queen at Disney...tried EVERY shoe, EVERY "secret" and still got horrible blisters to the point I could not walk. Finally started walking and got some advice to head to a running store and got fitted for shoes!! WOW!!! What a difference! You need to find a specialty running store...if you have a Fleet Feet in your area, I highly recommend them. If you are prone to blisters, make sure to grab a tube of body glide and some running socks that are NOT cotton for wicking!! Don't be surprized if they give you a size larger than what you normally wear either!!

The difference in the way your feet feel at the end of the day will most definately be worth the the $100 or so you spend at the running store!!

I would reccomend Ecco, Josef Siebel, Rockport, or New Balance.

I live in my Tevas. Not sneakers, but the most comfortable walking shoes I've ever worn.

Someone else has recommended being fitted for a running shoe, and there is a place here in town that specializes in fitting runners. Their sneaks are a bit pricey, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to prevent getting blisters!

Last August I was prepared to get the blisters in the normal places, and what happened? I got blisters in places I never got them before!

Thanks for the advice!

I'm a big fan of the Rockport World Tour line of shoes.

Karen

Tc, your granddaughter is adorable!

Anyone else have recommendations?

Blondie, if you have a Mervyn's nearby, check out Ryka's. I love their walking shoes. :lovestruc

Chad, I have 2 pairs of Puma California's, same styles, just different colors. One pair, I could wear everyday, the other pair hurts too much to wear. :confused3

I love Easy Spirit - never have to break them in. My DD has found Merrills. She was having a problem with pain in her arch and since getting these about six months ago she won't wear anything else (and she's just turned 18).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter